• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,010 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Gold Key cover has elements that "Kolchak Night Stalker" used.....

Image result for boris karloff cover comic book

Can see where you're coming from Craig. You could always try the Moonstone series.Not read 'em myself, but artwork looks pretty good(thumbsu 

a9f4cb6acf45961b5b349d30735a505b.jpg

And here's one of several Gold Key mock-ups that someone did/done * ............(*Choose your own grammar lol)

680b5e9e91f8798b7e9bd48298ac4883.jpg

9 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

was a favorite show of mine too Maurice,  !! i loved both Kolchak and Night Gallery also !! sometimes i was super scared if i was watching them by myself lol 

Craig was in his 30's  lol

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i swiped this Vincent Price gif from another thread ... but it was appropriate here too !!

giphy.gif

Let us SPRAY!  Just the product to wipe up after those LITTLE Motel accidents...Isn't that right Norman? :makepoint:

Edited by tv horror

On 12/10/2019 at 11:37 PM, Gnasher said:

Can see where you're coming from Craig. You could always try the Moonstone series.Not read 'em myself, but artwork looks pretty good(thumbsu 

a9f4cb6acf45961b5b349d30735a505b.jpg

And here's one of several Gold Key mock-ups that someone did/done * ............(*Choose your own grammar lol)

680b5e9e91f8798b7e9bd48298ac4883.jpg

Great Gold Key cover.....I saw the first movie on TV ..vampire one...it created quite a stir at the time.

5 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Great Gold Key cover.....I saw the first movie on TV ..vampire one...it created quite a stir at the time.

Yes it was the highest rated tv movie at the time and is a classic plus it created a great character in Carl Kolchak.:foryou: It also portrayed the vampire as he should be seen not like the glitter vampires of the Twilight saga, saying that I do love the tv series "What we do in the shadows".:roflmao: 

12 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

There were several of these mock up covers produced. They all look pretty good.(thumbsu

image.thumb.png.14d4c3deb76d2ead9286756a9d52e5e0.png

I see that Carol Lynley died in September of this year. 

Interestingly Richard Mattheson's screenplay was adapted from an unpublished story, so well done to him for saving a great idea.

Edited by Gnasher

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I see that Carol Lynley died in September of this year. 

Interestingly Richard Mattheson's screenplay was adapted from an unpublished story, so well done to him for saving a great idea.

Carol has a very childlike persona and it helped her get the more vulnerable woman parts she was a good actress and will be missed.:foryou: As for the unpublished work it was wrote by Jeff Rice I have a signed limited edition copy of his original work.(thumbsu