• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Carol has a very childlike persona and it helped her get the more vulnerable woman parts she was a good actress and will be missed.:foryou: As for the unpublished work it was wrote by Jeff Rice I have a signed limited edition copy of his original work.(thumbsu 

She was great in the original Poseidon Adventure. Like you say very vulnerable in her own way. and just right for such parts(thumbsu

The-Night-Stalker-1972-2.jpg 

Is Jeff Rice , Anne Rice before the gender realignment? :bigsmile:

Seriously though, how did the original story match up with the show? Is it one of those rare ocassions where the film outdoes the book, or at least equals the original story?

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

She was great in the original Poseidon Adventure

Our family went to the Poseidon Adventure when it cam out in the theater,... i was about 11 yrs old and of course i was scared at quite a few scenes..

i remember the Carol Linley role and i remember i really how beautiful she was ... i had not heard she passed away ... i am going to look 

her up on Wikipedia and read all about her career now....

13 hours ago, Gnasher said:

She was great in the original Poseidon Adventure. Like you say very vulnerable in her own way. and just right for such parts(thumbsu

The-Night-Stalker-1972-2.jpg 

Is Jeff Rice , Anne Rice before the gender realignment? :bigsmile:

Seriously though, how did the original story match up with the show? Is it one of those rare ocassions where the film outdoes the book, or at least equals the original story?

Jeff Rice wrote the character as more of an investigative reporter in his original piece maybe because of the Watergate affair and how that put reporters in the limelight for their sterling work. Reading between the lines the Supernatural slant was just the hook as Rice has stated that that was the way he would have liked the character to go, thank goodness it went the other way as Darren McGavin was a very likeable actor.:foryou:

2 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

As Tony the Tiger would say They're great! Unfortunately we never see any of these goodies in the UK but I love the detail and the work that went into them, thanks for posting Mike.(thumbsu 

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

As Tony the Tiger would say They're great! Unfortunately we never see any of these goodies in the UK but I love the detail and the work that went into them, thanks for posting Mike.(thumbsu 

It looks as though they supply a wholesalers actually located in Belfast, Maurice, which means of course they supply retailers in the UK.

Check out Palmer Agencies, they may be able to give the name of who they supply.:wishluck:

https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/wholesalers/

8 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Lou looks a bit too calm. Any ideas where this is, or from, anyone, as I've no caption or anything with details?

image.thumb.png.1dc547e2e4a7bee1992af91993a1102b.png

It might be a Cortlandt Hull exhibition from the Witch's cauldron he is the nephew of Henry Hull who played the Werewolf in the Werewolf of London.(thumbsu Paging @Mike Scott for confirmation.   I would love to have these in my house "But Honey the kids would be okay in the garden shed!":bigsmile:

1 hour ago, Mike Scott said:

I ordered from the website. Try it and see if they ship internationally?

As Gnasher said above there is a warehouse here in Belfast but unfortunately the public are not allowed in only wholesale as for Trick or Treat studios I have ordered from them before so they are a good company however the customs charge me big time when the items arrive.(thumbsu  

6 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

I ordered from the website. Try it and see if they ship internationally?

The Creature ornament is my favorite of the bunch 👍👍‼️ The invisible man seems out of place ? It seems too modern?

4 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

That sucks! I wonder why I never have to pay customs charges when I buy from places like amazon.uk?

Maybe because printed matter is not charged Mike, but there is a limit on other things like a max value of $18.rantrant 

9 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

The Creature ornament is my favorite of the bunch 👍👍‼️

He is EVERYONE'S favourite Foggy and usually the first to sell out, why I've even heard a rumour that someone named Mike buys up all the surplus inventory...A Creature hog so to speak!:roflmao: