• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,010 posts in this topic

i watched Dark Shadows during the summer when there was no school for a bit in the early 70's , when i was 9 - 10 years old

i remember watching parts of many episodes.. but i never once saw the vampire .... never watched another daytime soap opera after that

On 2/5/2020 at 8:35 AM, rakehell said:

These just arrived -

803131708_2020-02-0508_12_16.thumb.jpg.57a2e8ceb60fd3fd94b05b2bc3328813.jpg

Is the poster still there?

920937720_2020-02-0508_28_37.thumb.jpg.c1a0626aa0ad1e257c3a71d4911d2a2e.jpg

Not bloody likely.

Were they worth a quid for the pair of 'em?

Yes. Yes they were. :banana:

I watched the Johnny Depp version last year, and didn't think it too bad. 

The original tv series is available on Amazon Prime, and probably elsewhere. I couldn't take too much of it, as I think the emphasis was more on the soap opera aspect imo. (thumbsu

Edited by Gnasher

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Some reading matter freom the 70's....I'm sure there are one or two of you that have  one of these, or would like  to  own one at least?

The_Monster_Times_34_1974-06_0012.jp2&scale=2&rotate=0

I have the Dennis Gifford book with Karloff on the cover (my introduction to horror movies at a young age) and the House of Horror book.

14 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

I have the Dennis Gifford book with Karloff on the cover (my introduction to horror movies at a young age) and the House of Horror book.

I think a lot of British horror fans owe that to Dennis Gifford. It was a time when  there was a great deal written about  films of any genre; he kick started it  in the UK for sure.

He's got a few others amongst that list too.(thumbsu 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:25 AM, Cushing Fan said:

I've still got my copy of the Gifford book. Most fans my age have one! 

BTW, that's Chaney from "Ghost of Frankenstein".

ghost.jpg.f090714520fe2a5ff8d8a58353957a4c.jpg

21 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Yes, Jack Palance looked like he was born to play Dracula

13598046-large.jpg

Jack Palance played Dracula in a 1974 TV movie 

Produced and directed by Dan Curtis, screenplay Richard Matheson, which allows me to post this interview with Curtis about his best offering for tv. .....around the 12 minute mark, he compares making movies then to making movies now, something I think we can all agree to, (or not).