• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,009 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2020 at 2:39 AM, Mike Scott said:

Yeah, I meant the head.

Mike there was a lot of detail in that cast for it not to be screen used in fact it looks like a life cast of Karloff while he was wearing the make up, however I don't know if that's even possible. It also makes me think of the obvious dummy used when the monster is on fire and falls through the burning pier into the water at the end of Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein.   

On 3/9/2020 at 10:41 PM, Mike Scott said:

Love all the Turok covers! :)

Here's a Turok cover gallery. http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/turok-son-of-stone

I had not looked at that many Turow covers before , but after looking at the gallery you posted now I want collect them all👍👍👍

The Virus has put a damper on everything here in the USA and most everywhere else... a national emergency has been declared , all sporting events have been cancelled or postponed

many people are being told to work from home, if they are able too , and schools are telling students told to not go to class but to take their courses on-line..

there is to be no gatherings larger than 250 people anywhere including church , so there will be no comic -cons either

stores are out of toilet paper for some reason.. the stock market has lost 25% 

life has changed overnight but hopefully will be back to normal soon 

we may be seeing more comics like this one below on the shelves soon...

Captain Bio Attack of the Hep-B Virus #1

Edited by 1950's war comics

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

@tv horror, Hi Maurice ... 

has there been any major changes in Ireland/Belfast where you live due to the virus ?

Yes but as I'm a nerd I never noticed as I don't like Sport or outdoor events, however here is how we are dealing with the virus.:foryou: I also wish to say that I hope the members and their families stay safe at this present time.:foryou:

On 3/21/2020 at 11:39 PM, tv horror said:

Have you seen the new horror flix playing cards there's a few Creature cards in the deck.

Yeah. Nothing exciting for the Creature fan, though. Just familiar posters and stills. The Japanese cards at least have some art I haven't seen, before.

Hey! That's not Gorgo!

Edited by Mike Scott

It's from a Spanish poster. Mexican posters often used the wrong monster, too.

gorgo-spanish-movie-poster.jpg.2cc95f99695a17ecdd70228e0d72bdca.jpg

The French "Destroy All Monsters" poster.

DAMfr.jpg.3182dde343e4b237b6ec3d0f5d37c061.jpg

The Danish "Godzilla" poster is the same, but they used an image of a photo watermarked by "Porkepyn", who is a seller of stills and poster repros. xD

Edited by Mike Scott