• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

any comic book stores

We have three comic shops but none of them has any back issues older than the nineties they mostly deal in collectible Funko or toys. As for the cinemas we have a few multi screens which show the latest movies. We only had a few cons the last few years which started off well but by the third year it had as a guest the dog seen last from left on the Game of thrones!   I had a stall at two of them and did well the first year selling stuff I'd bought over the years, by the second year I had to fight off costumed people like flies they just stood around in front of the stall blocking any customers. We have a saying in Ireland "There's no pockets in a shroud!" meaning you can't take it with you when you die, well I expanded on that saying to add costumes also have no pockets.:) 

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

i am going to watch it sometime this week thanks TV horror (thumbsu

There was a prequel made in 1972 which was a cartoon and not great it was called Mad mad mad monsters. As Karloff had died in 1969 his role was taken by the voice actor Bob McFadden strangely he had his brush with the Frankenstein monster by providing the voice for Frankenberry in the commercials he also played Snarf from the Thundercats cartoon series. Which was just as irritating as Orko from He-man, Snarf Snarf!:)  Funny but his Karloff sounds like Hitchcock.

On 3/12/2018 at 10:39 PM, tv horror said:

2f21c42bcd3e292f3794af39e41b0f1a.thumb.jpg.73088a40aca6e8abc747e91473484cf5.jpg

As you mentioned Bugs Tex co-created his archenemy Duffy along with Bob Clampett. I hope you will search out other cartoons made by him: Droopy, Red hot riding hood and House of tomorrow.  Some of his jokes have came eerily true  such as his crossing an Octopus with a chicken to get eight drumsticks, genetics in the making.:)

Droopy, I had forgotten about him.

12 hours ago, tv horror said:

Imagine Hitchcock saying "I'M happy" and you've got it to a Tee in fact they both look similar in features.  Separated at birth maybe?:).

it makes perfect sense now !.. Droopy was a knock off character of Alfred Hitchcock for sure !! same mannerisms and speaking style !