• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Yes the first set is a beauty and it's original as well, I know that they brought out a reprint that goes for a fair amount of money. I know that most of the drawings were by Norm Saunters and Bob Powell and if I get them "I'll gonna squeeze em love em and lay em on the ground George...Just like my bunnies George!"

download.jpg

"I had a lit-tle friend, but he don't move no more!"

11 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

"I had a lit-tle friend, but he don't move no more!"

One of Creighton (Lon) Chaney's best performances.:foryou:  He was always a very tragic figure to me and maybe that's why the ending "Of mice and men" touched me so much, unfortunately it also cast him as a copycat Lennie for the rest of his career.:foryou:  

download.jpg

Edited by tv horror

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

<3TEX AVERY<3 I can't get enough of his cartoons 

It's a scandal that WB/MGM have not released his MGM cartoons on R1 DVD! They released a nice Droopy set, but that's it. I guess they didn't know how to package/promote all those one-off toons? No "star" to sell to the general public. They don't get that TEX is the star! I bought a French box set with all his MGM cartoons (including the Droopys). 

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

Yes that's the one I have and have re-watched it on many an occasion but my all time favourite is "Who killed who?":foryou:

download.jpg

Droopy for President.

Watched them over and over and over growing up. The one where the 2 dudes have to be quiet and trot to the top of the hill everytime they make a noise is hilarious esp when they change heads. Called Deputy Droopy I think. :bigsmile:.

Droopy's Good Deeds is a great one too (the old version)..

Edited by peewee22

NOTE TO SELF: Do not post items online until you've bought them from Ebay!:acclaim:

Everyone of the above posted Batman cards was sold and I never got one, all together they amounted to over £140 so that's comforting.:devil:

I don't feel so bad as I had a nice nap and missed all the auctions one of the disadvantages of old age creeping up on you.:roflmao: 

By the way @Mike Scott I did see this beauty for you to look at.(thumbsu 

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

I'm happy!

s-l225.jpg

Edited by tv horror

On 6/14/2019 at 10:32 PM, tv horror said:

The only thing that get's me with these recent sets is all the extras, even this set has figures? Glo-cards chase cards and sketch cards. In the old days you were lucky not to get a stale piece of gum.:bigsmile: I loved the cards that made up a giant poster from the backs and believe to this day is why I have such a good memory...What was I writing about again??????:foryou:  I had most of the sets back then Man from Uncle the Monkee's and Tarzan, I especially loved the early Batman art and of course the tv series. I'm watching a few incomplete sets ending soon so here's hoping.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600 (6).jpg

s-l1600 (7).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (13).jpg

s-l1600 (12).jpg

I sold complete sets of Blue-Bat, Black-Bat, and Bat Laffs in recent years, averaging around the 7.0 grade for cards Nice centring sharp corner, no creasing of significance. (thumbsu

47 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

sold complete sets of Blue-Bat, Black-Bat, and Bat Laffs in recent years, averaging around the 7.0 grade for cards Nice centring sharp corner, no creasing of significance. (thumbsu

NOW you tell me!!!!!!!:baiting::bigsmile:

Right that does it as soon as I finish off this guy Ali I'll deal with you Mr Gnasher!

images.jpg