• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

On 7/18/2019 at 12:43 PM, 1950's war comics said:

a new Werewolf movie remake is out now with mixed reviews

An American Werewolf in London

Classic werewolf movie.

Image result for An American Werewolf in London Classic 2019 ican Werewolf in London

1981 was a great year for werewolf films - besides American Werewolf in London there was also The Howling - was just rewatching it on Cable yesterday.

A1XGL2tRMIL._SY679_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

1981 was a great year for werewolf films - besides American Werewolf in London there was also The Howling - was just rewatching it on Cable yesterday.

A1XGL2tRMIL._SY679_.jpg

I was a real big fan of both. (thumbsu

but will admit The Howling scared me more as a kid.

5 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

I still have my copy of this book from when I was a kid. This was my introduction into horror movies.

Popular book - it had multiple printings. Those were the days, when people bought books.

8 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Popular book - it had multiple printings. Those were the days, when people bought books.

One of the reasons I eventually combined my love of horror films and books to write three so far biographies of actors known for their horror films.

IMG_20190808_113310.jpg

44 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

One of the reasons I eventually combined my love of horror films and books to write three so far biographies of actors known for their horror films.

IMG_20190808_113310.jpg

Nice. I always liked Ralph in the sitcom Dear John as a kid. I can still sing the theme song now, despite not having seen it for over 30 years.  Not exactly a work of horror of course but, given that the memory often cheats, it could well turn out to be horrible were I to see it again today :bigsmile:

2 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

I still buy books, but when was the last time you bought a reference book, on any subject? Or, use the ones you have? It's all on the internet!

Yes, that's what I meant really. That kind of book seems to have had it's day. 

2 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

I still buy books, but when was the last time you bought a reference book, on any subject? Or, use the ones you have? It's all on the internet!

I picked this up about a year ago. My favorite Universal monster writer with my favorite universal monster.

Image result for universal monsters tom weaver

5 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I picked this up about a year ago. My favorite Universal monster writer with my favorite universal monster.

Image result for universal monsters tom weaver

Being a '50s sci-fi fan, I have that book and Vol. 1 of Weaver's '50s Universal genre movies.

uniterror.jpg.64ffe3326d98966a011b4dacd27c06c6.jpg

Edited by Mike Scott

On 8/7/2019 at 9:42 PM, Cushing Fan said:

Another enjoyable werewolf film was Legend of the Werewolf from 1975 and starring Peter Cushing. I have the cool day-glow UK poster in my collection.

MV5BNDIyYmU3MmUtOGRmMC00OTE1LWJmMjQtNGNmMWQ4N2I2ZWU5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

This is a great movie poster 👍👍

On 8/2/2019 at 8:06 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

There was also a Great Escape video game. I did play it and ended up in the cooler a lot. lol.

Related image     image.jpeg.7ff8ffa4933dc61631891e49b85eba0a.jpeg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Escape_(2003_video_game)

McQueen was on a few comic book covers.... here is a Dell

Wanted%2BDead%2Bor%2BAlive%2Bcomic%2B2.jpg