• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, tv horror said:

So it was at the height of the Monster craze (Have you heard that Nessie is now thought to be a giant Eel!) let's just say it is having an EEL of a time dodging tourists.:bigsmile: 

Yeah, pretty much!

Giant EEl? Sure, why not. xD

So in this age of Blu-ray DVDs I went out and bought a NOS Elmo Super 8 sound projector lol! I don't plan on buying a lot of films, just some horror films and classic comedy to play once in a while. You really can't beat the hands on experience of loading a film reel into a projector. I used to own a 16mm projector years ago but settled for a Super 8 now as the costs are less involved. Included pics of two horror related film reels I picked up. P.S. I also buy Blu-ray DVDs ;-)

IMG_20190912_160801.jpg

IMG_20190912_160824.jpg

IMG_20190912_160813.jpg

Edited by Cushing Fan

On 9/13/2019 at 12:09 AM, 1950's war comics said:

that projector could be placed on the top of Herman's flat head no problem....

herman-munster.jpg

Herman was a very level-headed person (Munster). Why Lily was often heard to say " She only married him because he was a man of MANY parts and loved to PROJECT himself!" :bigsmile:

13 hours ago, shiverbones said:

0CA552F3-0A86-4021-950C-F11A88B341C9.jpeg

i loved anything Ripley's back in the day !!

now you see that kind of stuff almost every day on the world wide web m but back in the 70's all the neat stuff that Ripley's revealed was fascinating !!

Ripley's believe it or not, and the Guinness book of records were all the rage at one time ...

Lots of the Guinness records were so dumb that they were funny , like the girl with the longest fingernails lol I guess she never did housework and I always wondered how she even went to the bathroom👎👎

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

Lots of the Guinness records were so dumb that they were funny , like the girl with the longest fingernails lol I guess she never did housework and I always wondered how she even went to the bathroom👎👎

VERY carefully?:bigsmile:

But I think she NAILED it in the END.:devil:

5 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

Why are people reacting to my "Oops!" post? I couldn't delete a post I made by mistake, so I just edited it to say "Oops". Guess I should have written "Move along! Nothing to see, here!"

Mike any post on this thread is fair game, we are so innocent that we are easily amused and OOPS is funny.:bigsmile: 

images.jpg

On 9/12/2019 at 9:17 PM, Cushing Fan said:

You really can't beat the hands on experience of loading a film reel into a projector.

That was one of my favourite times as a child when my late father would show us old films on his projector, he moved like the Flash if he ever seen the reel catch because of screen burn. I found my love of film from him, so Dad wherever you are...Maybe in that big cinema in the Sky, thanks.<3:foryou:

Chris that's a nice projector you have and it would surprise you how collectable and expensive the reels run these days. I still have my projector and some films which was only a 8mm silent but I did have a lot of great times charging for my films hows, well a guy has to earn money somewhere.(thumbsu Here is a nice listing of film titles and their covers if you click on a title it shows you the box, I have always wanted a Curse of the demon 8mm.:luhv:

images.jpg

1 hour ago, Cushing Fan said:

A friend of mine is giving me his Super 8 edition of King Kong on two 400 reels. 

I'm already going to upgrade my Creature from the Black Lagoon Super 8. I found the longer 400 series version - in 3-D!

IMG_20190915_120034.jpg

Very nice "3D or not to 3D that is the question" I've never seen a 400 reel and I still don't know the difference between Super 8 and 8mm. As for some of the films I came across over the years I do have these few plus another I can't put my claws on at the moment. 

download (2).jpg

download (1).jpg

Edited by tv horror

Cushing fan has this nice looking TOD #50 for sale in a sales thread and

seems like an unfair match up ... Dracula Vs the Silver Surfer ,, but back in the day Marvel could pull off interesting match ups like this ... i wonder how Dracula was able to hold his own against the Surfer ??? 

IMG_20190915_073426.jpg

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

Very nice "3D or not to 3D that is the question" I've never seen a 400 reel and I still don't know the difference between Super 8 and 8mm. As for some of the films I came across over the years I do have these few plus another I can't put my claws on at the moment. 

download (2).jpg

download (1).jpg

Super 8 has a larger frame image which provides a clearer image when projected plus many Super 8 releases also have the sound feature.