• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,015 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cushing Fan said:

Unfortunately no. Cushing was made an O.B.E. (Officer of the British Empire). I wrote to Prime Minister Tony Blair years ago asking if Cushing could be posthumously knighted but his secretary explained that a posthumous knighthood could only be given to someone who died in battle. 

He will always be Sir Peter to us true fans the man was a legend.:foryou: On another note this is how I always imagined Peter looking off screen.(don't laugh).

download.jpg

5 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Peter Cushing with his O.B.E medal.

pc-obe.jpg

3 hours ago, tv horror said:

He will always be Sir Peter to us true fans the man was a legend.:foryou: On another note this is how I always imagined Peter looking off screen.(don't laugh).

download.jpg

Coincidently, I can across this Pan PB cover, artist is Sam "PEFF" Peffer.

35b1b27f63225279fb446cee470baee6.jpg

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Coincidently, I can across this Pan PB cover, artist is Sam "PEFF" Peffer.

imageproxy.jpg.4631886ec7568d2aed691f55313423d6.jpg

That's a really nice cover and I'm sure it is hard to come by,  I've just put this film on my recorder to watch later as it has just been on the Talking Pictures TV channel here in the U.K. Worse thing is my disc drive is broken and only the watch function is working ah well at least I can watch these fine actors in action. 

46 minutes ago, tv horror said:

imageproxy.jpg.4631886ec7568d2aed691f55313423d6.jpg

That's a really nice cover and I'm sure it is hard to come by,  I've just put this film on my recorder to watch later as it has just been on the Talking Pictures TV channel here in the U.K. Worse thing is my disc drive is broken and only the watch function is working ah well at least I can watch these fine actors in action. 

There's one on ebay at the moment, Maurice, £8 or best offer.

Talking Pictures is one of the few stations I watch, when I do watch TV. Some nice little gems pop up on there, TV series and films both.(thumbsu

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Talking Pictures is one of the few stations I watch, when I do watch TV. Some nice little gems pop up on there, TV series and films both.(thumbsu

Good news Gnasher, Talking pictures is going to show Mystery and imagination beginning at the end of November, I was in touch with them to get it a showing as this will be the first repeat since it was shown back in the 60's, watch out for both the Dracula and Frankenstein episodes they are fantastic. I have been researching this series for years and have been building up my interviews for a book I will eventually publish.  

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

Unlike all the "Sirs" history has forgotten and will continue to forget, Cushing is immortal. His corpus of horror film work set the standard for others who follow. Cushing is a mainstay for the Hammer Horror studio producer films, one of the two greatest eras of 20th Century horror films.

What's also great about this poster is that this is an Amicus film! Amicus did great horror back in the day and to have a poster with Cushing, Richardson, and Collins is awesome. I have an Amicus in my collection- an original rolled insert of Dr. Terror's House of Horrors. I posted of photo of one (not my poster) earlier on this thread. I recommend you get your poster linen backed - will preserve the poster and prevent the folds from damaging the paper over time. I posted this Hammer beauty out of my collection before and will do so again:

IMG_4196.thumb.JPG.7b6dfd54c87df089f15485ddb0aff38a.JPG

A near mint Hammer film day bill with Lee is a treasure!

Very nice Johnny thanks for posting...Now if only I had a wall in my room to display something like that.:x

2 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Unlike all the "Sirs" history has forgotten and will continue to forget, Cushing is immortal. His corpus of horror film work set the standard for others who follow. Cushing is a mainstay for the Hammer Horror studio producer films, one of the two greatest eras of 20th Century horror films.

What's also great about this poster is that this is an Amicus film! Amicus did great horror back in the day and to have a poster with Cushing, Richardson, and Collins is awesome. I have an Amicus in my collection- an original rolled insert of Dr. Terror's House of Horrors. I posted of photo of one (not my poster) earlier on this thread. I recommend you get your poster linen backed - will preserve the poster and prevent the folds from damaging the paper over time. I posted this Hammer beauty out of my collection before and will do so again:

IMG_4196.thumb.JPG.7b6dfd54c87df089f15485ddb0aff38a.JPG

A near mint Hammer film day bill with Lee is a treasure!

Amicus made a bunch of great films to compete with Hammer - Dr Terror's House of Horrors, The Skull, Asylum and Tales from the Crypt to name a few.

Great point as well about the posters and preservation - I really need to do this for my collection. I don't remember if I posted this one before but here is one of my favorites from the collection. One of my favorite Cushing &  Lee films and fantastic artwork to boot. 

IMG_20191105_123611.jpg

31 minutes ago, Cushing Fan said:

Amicus made a bunch of great films to compete with Hammer - Dr Terror's House of Horrors, The Skull, Asylum and Tales from the Crypt to name a few.

Great point as well about the posters and preservation - I really need to do this for my collection. I don't remember if I posted this one before but here is one of my favorites from the collection. One of my favorite Cushing &  Lee films and fantastic artwork to boot. 

IMG_20191105_123611.jpg

Ahh...Horror Express! A favorite of mine. Love the story of how Lee persuaded Cushing to join the cast. I remember getting excited about seeing this film show up on WOR Ch. 9. Lee and Cushing taking on a really diabolical alien monster. The build-up to the end is classic with Lee and Cushing doing their thing. Savalas and his Cossack troops were hysterical in a way. Classic '70s Cushing and Lee. 

25 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Lee and Cushing taking on a really diabolical alien monster.

Yes with elements of the Thing thrown in for good measure, why I can feel my eyes boiling as I type AGHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I feel just like a fired teacher "No pupils".:bigsmile:

1 hour ago, Cushing Fan said:

IMG_20191105_123611.jpg

I wonder does that title translate as Panic on the Transiberian see I'm not just a pretty face.:bigsmile:

download.jpg

17 hours ago, tv horror said:

Good news Gnasher, Talking pictures is going to show Mystery and imagination beginning at the end of November, I was in touch with them to get it a showing as this will be the first repeat since it was shown back in the 60's, watch out for both the Dracula and Frankenstein episodes they are fantastic. I have been researching this series for years and have been building up my interviews for a book I will eventually publish.  

Well done you, Maurice. (thumbsu It depends what time they're on, if I get to see them, (They like to lock me in my room by 8.00 p.m. (:).