• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, tv horror said:

As you posted a cover Gnasher I'll do the same with this week's Radio Times magazine featuring this Winters new BBC/Netflix series Dracula! Here' something to sink your fangs into.

s-l1600.jpg

I had the exact same pose and expression when I had my heart attacklol   

There was a great Miami Vice episode just like the sandbox cartoon above... Ted Nugent guest stared as a killer who used his beautiful girlfriend to lure in rich businessmen... he would then rob and kill them and bury their cars on a beach

Don Johnson went undercover and got him though thanks to a bullet proof briefcase ! , the mounds behind him are the buried cars...in the end the police were using metal detectors and long poles and finding a bunch of cars , 

kcT4mRAAXlKDwHYHrRLKtBr8kj0waz6ywM9H2Ama q32bKK906ir1tIF3vZrVvFArjCGvvOyGUnQwSleL ROdEwvNEq0NJ77rp0Xr6hGa3j75zY2zDWks-6NDg sgWwwXs88oXkDimUTT61KCM_JMejh5_fnvpJSiWt

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

the buried cars...in the end the police were using metal detectors and long poles and finding a bunch of cars , 

Yeah beach parking is Hell! I don't think there's a GRAIN of truth in that story.:bigsmile: Is it true that all the vehicles were SAND-wiched. :devil:

Edited by tv horror

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

that is awesome you were mentioned Maurice !!

who is the guy bottom front middle ?   the Elephant Man ?

That is Martin Landau from the Outer limits playing a character called Andru from an episode called "The Man who was never born".:foryou: One of the better episodes of the series.

MV5BMjAwMDU4MDQ3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTEzODQ5._V1_.jpg

4 hours ago, tv horror said:

That is Martin Landau from the Outer limits playing a character called Andru from an episode called "The Man who was never born".:foryou: One of the better episodes of the series.

MV5BMjAwMDU4MDQ3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTEzODQ5._V1_.jpg

It really was a touch and go series imo. The gum cards were more entertaining for me....

18 hours ago, Gnasher said:

It really was a touch and go series imo. 

No more so than The Twilight Zone. Think of all the ho-hummers from that series. "Ring-a-Ding Girl", "Hocus, Pocus and Frisbee", "Once Upon a Time" (sorry, Buster), "Mr. Dingle, The Strong", etc.

Edited by Mike Scott

16 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

Did you notice the, barely recognizable, Zanti on his shoulder?

What TV series, on that cover, does Peter Cushing represent?

That drawing of Peter Cushing is from an episode of Hammer house of horror Mike and is called "The Silent scream" and also stars Brian Cox.(thumbsu

6 minutes ago, Mike Scott said:

No more so than The Twilight Zone. Think of all the ho-hummers from that series. "Rind-a-Ding Girl", "Hocus, Pocus and Frisbee", "Once Upon a Time" (sorry, Buster), "Mr. Dingle, The Strong", etc.

I have to admit I've a softness for The Outer Limits and the Zanti Misfits made me tie strings around my ankles in case the little buggers ran up my leg! Well I was 7 at the time.:roflmao:I'll give you another bit of trivia I never knew one was a prisoner until I bought the Sideshow figures I just assumed they were all invading.The Sideshow Twilight Zone and Outer limits are some of my favourite figures.

10 minutes ago, tv horror said:

That drawing of Peter Cushing is from an episode of Hammer house of horror Mike and is called "The Silent scream" and also stars Brian Cox.(thumbsu

The Silent Scream is my favorite episode of the series and it was the last Hammer related production Cushing would star in. I've interviewed Brian Cox twice over the years and he is great - very humble, down to earth and has a great memory.

FB_IMG_1574565761195.jpg

FB_IMG_1574565771509.jpg

1 minute ago, Cushing Fan said:

The Silent Scream is my favorite episode of the series and it was the last Hammer related production Cushing would star in. I've interviewed Brian Cox twice over the years and he is great - very humble, down to earth and has a great memory.

FB_IMG_1574565761195.jpg

FB_IMG_1574565771509.jpg

I think I've turned a Hulk green that is a great piece of material, did you ask him about Therese Raquin?  We mentioned that serial a while back it was very creepy and very well acted.:foryou:

14 minutes ago, tv horror said:

I think I've turned a Hulk green that is a great piece of material, did you ask him about Therese Raquin?  We mentioned that serial a while back it was very creepy and very well acted.:foryou:

Unfortunately due to limited time, we focused on his working with Peter Cushing in The Silent Scream and years later about his working with Ralph Bates in the 1981 television serious The House on the Hill: Man of Straw.