• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, tv horror said:

I think that they are Don Post masks and I would imagine that they would now be worth a lot of money. As they might be the first issues, I've heard that they have started to become brittle because of the rubber used which is a shame. @Mike Scott is our go to guy when it comes to vintage monster items.(thumbsu Looking at the photo I would guess that the Herman is the only real mask and the other two come from illustrations? I'm sorry but that Herman is nagging at me it just seems so familiar.xD

Grandpa and Lily definitely do look artist impressions(thumbsu

5 hours ago, Mike Scott said:

They are the cheap ones ($4.95). They came out during the shows run, but were available into the '70s. These are the deluxe DP Munsters masks.

5b7b752722346c5a78299f4b9cb413d1.jpg.c5f7604fcf461c8252e95c9096e4df75.jpg

There a real marked difference in quality. The Eddie mask is brilliant. 

Thanks to you both(thumbsu

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

i didn't want to post anything too scary here in the Karloff thread today on thanksgiving ... so here is the least scariest thing of them all.....

191128094316-2002-barney-balloon-restric

What! You don't think that a giant floating purple dinosaur called Barney is not scary? If you saw the pink elephants me and Gnasher see then you'd think differently.xD

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

The Dell TV books often have very polished artwork inside... here's a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea that was very reasonable, from the recent Nostalgia Fest here in town. GOD BLESS....

Yes Jim their covers were very appealing and eye catching (not the Squid he just got his tentacles in a twist), I can imagine being a fan of the show and buying this for further adventures from the crew. It would be funny if the writer of "The Hunt for red October" watched this movie as a child?xD Tom Clancy: "Hello Bill...This is Tom I have a great  idea!"   "How about a rogue submarine that has the fate of the World in its hands and other countries have to try to stop them before they can carry out their plan?"