• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,010 posts in this topic

Mary Shelley: Bath Frankenstein museum plans approved

Plans have been approved for the UK's first Frankenstein museum, celebrating author Mary Shelley's most famous story.

Β 

Many museums are said to be fearing for their future due to the effects of the coronavirus lockdown.

.Jonathan Willis, one of a trio leading the project, said: "Frankenstein was effectively the first sci-fi novel. It's in the top 100 most influential books of all time - but no-one in Bath mentions it."

Frankenstein was published anonymously in 1818 to avoid the additional controversy of it being written by a woman.

On 6/30/2020 at 9:45 PM, 1950's war comics said:

An unfortunate sign of our times these days ...........:sorry:

Β 

20200630_164642.thumb.jpg.ab45ce654ff64e511ff05c64448e73a2.jpg.

Β 

I need one of these for when I go to the store , except I want a Daredevil maskπŸ˜·πŸ˜·πŸ‘

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around in a while but I just posted a horror related item from my collection for sale on the board - a John Carradine signed first day stamped envelope with a photo of Carradine as Dracula from the Universal horror film House of Frankenstein.

Cheers,

Chris

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/471609-john-carradine-signed-envelope-with-photo/

Nice pieceπŸ‘πŸ‘β€ΌοΈπŸ˜·

18 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Hi everyone!

I haven't been around in a while but I just posted a horror related item from my collection for sale on the board - a John Carradine signed first day stamped envelope with a photo of Carradine as Dracula from the Universal horror film House of Frankenstein.

Cheers,

Chris

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/471609-john-carradine-signed-envelope-with-photo/

Hi

β€˜The Wolfman’ Reboot Starring Ryan Gosling Lands β€˜Invisible Man’ Director Leigh Whannell

Posted on Wednesday, July 8th, 2020 byΒ Chris Evangelista

Having already proven he has the goods to bring a new twist to classic Universal Monsters withΒ The Invisible Man,Β Leigh WhannellΒ is now in negotiations to helmΒ The Wolfman.Β Ryan GoslingΒ is set to star in the horror pic,

5 hours ago, Cushing Fan said:

Happy 85th birthday to Donald Sutherland - who starred in a number of horror films included Dr. Terror's House of Horrors, Castle of the Living Dead, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Don't Look Now to name a few.

tumblr_bc4ba015d8a234b031a9452b62f8bb46_d10ccd4c_500.jpg

Β 

Happy Birthday DS. I can remember him in a few of those ITC series, including one of the better episodes of Man In A Suitcase, in may have been a two-part story,Β come to think of it.Β  Also in the Avengers.Β (thumbsu

And this character...

Β 

Β 

ThisΒ is from a Norwegian movie of 1981 called Olsen-Baden (The Olsen Gang) I went to the exhibition shown here, that was held in The London Palladium's Cellars, not all Horror movie exhibits, other genres too. It wasn'tΒ bad for the time.(thumbsu