• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,013 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lucky Baru said:

Bob Crane was one weird dude in real life if what was reported about him is correct.

I highly recommend both the book and movie about Bob Crane.

The book makes for a great summer mystery read. It was written by Robert Graysmith author of the Zodiac Killer book.

Image result for AUTOFOCUS BOB CRANE BOOK GRAYSMITH

Image result for AUTOFOCUS BOB CRANE novie GRAYSMITH

3 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

The book makes for a great summer mystery read. It was written by Robert Graysmith author of the Zodiac Killer book.

i might get this one and read it ... i like murder mysteries... but they are a lot better when the murder is solved.....

The Name "Black Sabbath" was more in line with their heavy ,,,... bass driven metal beat...  their first album was also called "Black Sabbath" and it was dark and ominous 

with vocals by Ozzy and songs like "The Wizard" and "Warning:

Image result for boris karloff black sabbath  Image result for black sabbath album

Edited by 1950's war comics

Sabbath BURST onto the scene with their second album ,,,,, included a song that was an immediate hit

Image result for black sabbath comic book   Image result for black sabbath comic book
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all
Or if he moves will he fall?

when i was young me and my cousins LOVED the song Iron Man when it came out !! we were of the comic collecting age and that song just struck a chord , 

it took many years for Sabbath to go mainstream and they were not given the credit that they deserved , these days almost all heavy metal groups will admit that they were inspired by Black Sabbath !!

Image result for iron man song and these days the song "Iron Man" has gone so mainstream that it is now halftime band music and elevator music to name just a few examples....

Black Sabbath were my favorite group during my youth and i still love them today , i treasure my "Masters of Reality" album and all the others,,,,,

Image result for black sabbath masters of reality 

the album cover sums up their brilliance, at first glance at the album one does not necessarily notice the words embossed in black, and at first listen to many of the their songs one did not necessarily notice the deep hidden meanings within their songs ,... but they were there underneath with many layers ......

19 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I highly recommend both the book and movie about Bob Crane.

Image result for AUTOFOCUS BOB CRANE BOOK GRAYSMITH

Image result for AUTOFOCUS BOB CRANE novie GRAYSMITH

I stated to watch Auto Focus but William Dafoe just creeped me out in it.