• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,015 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Now a serious question for you @tv horror......

how can the Mummy even catch anyone ? he is so slow and he drags his one foot when he walks so that one would think he wouldn't even be able to catch even a small child ??

much less anyone else lol 

Image result for mummy comic book

That is what Jason and Michael Myers do too.  You'd think that the victim could just move at a slow jog and get away.

9 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

anyone notice how similar the mid 60's Dr Strange and evil mutant "Mastermind"   looked... even though one was Ditko and the other one - Kirby..

Image result for strange tales 117                                                     Image result for x men evil mutant mastermind comic strip

It has been mentioned before the likeness, also Mastermind later became Jason Wyngarde of the Hellfire club and is based on actor Peter Wyngarde' character Jason King!   

images.jpg

sn,x1313-bg,f8f8f8.u4.jpg

brimstone1.jpg

1 hour ago, Lucky Baru said:

That is what Jason and Michael Myers do too.  You'd think that the victim could just move at a slow jog and get away.

Blame the director he likes to prolong their agony "ACTION! The monster comes towards you freeze in fright...Look around for a twig to trip on then you run, trip hurting your ankle."

Demon-Knight-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Well, it's taken me the best part of a day to get through this thread, and I've been amused (not abused,) entertained and informed. Well done all you chaps!

:golfclap:

Welcome abound Gnasher it's always good to see a Beano fan, unfortunately because you spent so long on the thread today you're now trapped :bigsmile:  Thank you for the encouragement to post our thoughts.(thumbsu

9 minutes ago, tv horror said:

Welcome abound Gnasher it's always good to see a Beano fan, unfortunately because you spent so long on the thread today you're now trapped :bigsmile:  Thank you for the encouragement to post our thoughts.(thumbsu

I just might do that, then you'll be sorry! :smile:

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I noticed earlier in the thread you had DC Showcase's version of Dr. No, here's the original British Classic Illustrated version, on sale on ebay at the moment by a fellow boardie I believe?

That is an awesome cover ! i have never seen this Classics Illustrated "Dr No" book before,.... it has a far superior cover than the Showcase version IMO and i know that Showcase #43 is a key and can be quite pricey in higher grades.....

Image result for showcase comic dr no

17 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

That is an awesome cover ! i have never seen this Classics Illustrated "Dr No" book before,.... it has a far superior cover than the Showcase version IMO and i know that Showcase #43 is a key and can be quite pricey in higher grades.....

The CI version's cover is a classy piece of art, imo. This particular copy is going just short of the £400, but open to offers.

BTW, I'm with you on From Russia With Love being the best Bond , both movie and book. (thumbsu