• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: MARK BODE TMNT "Times" Pipeline Art (37 Pages)

2 posts in this topic

I recently acquired the detailed preliminary pencil artwork that Mark Bode drew for the September 1992 TMNT Special "Times" Pipeline. This was one of the few times that Bode drew the Turtles, but he is well-loved for his interpretation of them.  In addition to the Turtles, this issue featured many characters created by Mark's father Vaughn Bode.  The main antagonist in this story, 5Ply, is from Cobalt 60, scheduled soon for production by Zack Snyder.

All these pages were drawn on 8.5" x 11" pieces of paper and then were blown up and lightboxed to create the final printed art.  According to Bode, the final art for this issue no longer exists as it was allegedly thrown out, being mistaken for photocopies since the artwork was so clean.  So, if you're a fan of the Turtles, and/or Bode, this may be your only chance to get an example from this issue.

The story is mostly complete with 37 of the 41 pages in the book included. I have decided to sell all the pages that I have together as one lot. I am asking $100/page ($3,700 OBO for the entire lot including shipping). Given what vintage Eastman & Laird Turtles art is going for these days, this lot is an affordable alternative! 

All 37 pages are listed in my CAF:

This is detailed preliminary pencil artwork that Mark Bode drew for the September 1992 TMNT Special "Times" Pipeline. This was one of the few times that Bode drew the Turtles, but he is well-loved for interpretation of them. In 

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=59938

Please feel free to send me a PM with any questions and/or offers.  

TMNT_Times_Pipeline_p2.jpg

TMNT_Times_Pipeline_p40.jpg

Turtles_Times_Pipeline_Cover.jpg

Edited by comiconxion