• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your comic collecting goals for this year??
6 6

104 posts in this topic

Some of you are seasoned collectors, some of you are new collectors. But everyone has a want list. What are you chasing this year (comic book wise!). Myself, I am back working on my Tec' run and would like to buy one "blue chip" book this year, one of the "bigger" keys to start breathing new life into the collection. So have at it, discuss. Liven the place up a bit.

Ignore @lizards2 if he starts his usual nonsense

For some reason through trying to upgrade, I've bought a lot of doubles.

I'd enjoy to get a new book that I don't own yet, mainly out of the box to my collecting habits, like a TEC and perhaps 880.

or 411 or 232 :) 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

For some reason through trying to upgrade, I've bought a lot of doubles.

I'd enjoy to get a new book that I don't own yet, mainly out of the box to my collecting habits, like a TEC and perhaps 880.

or 411 or 232 :) 

You know I still haven't bought 411. Hard to justify that one. I got my 225 years ago, thankfully

7 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Myself, I am back working on my Tec' run and would like to buy one "blue chip" book this year, one of the "bigger" keys to start breathing new life into the collection.

Best of luck !

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

You know I still haven't bought 411. Hard to justify that one. I got my 225 years ago, thankfully

I saw a 225 at HPB a couple of years back for $250 and I passed. doh!

Now HPB has some early Green Lanterns, but it is kind of hard to not say "what if"? lol 

2 minutes ago, The Resurrection said:

Thank you, luckily I start at 50.. But I am missing the big ones (scarecrow and 168)..

Bob Storms has a nice Tec 73 in mid grade. Been listed for a while now so I'm sure offers would be entertained.

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Bob Storms has a nice Tec 73 in mid grade. Been listed for a while now so I'm sure offers would be entertained.

I should be seeing him soon. One or two additions to the GA/SA lot would be nice. I have a nice amount of coppers waiting to go to CGC. My run ends where CGC cut off the run.

Mentioned it in another thread a little while back, but I'm feeling my age more these days, and I'm just not sure I want all of this...stuff...I've accumulated. So I'm giving some serious thought to cashing it all in and buying another AF15 to replace the one I sold.  There are days when I get really psyched about the idea. But, that's a lot of work, and I like all of my stuff, so I'll probably just keep adding piles of cheap stuff that I like, and will one day be crushed under mounds of it, leaving my wife the trouble of disposing of my junk, and hosing my remains off of the floor.

Or maybe I'll buy a IH 181. I could do that. People seem to like those.

I don’t really have year-by-year collecting goals. I mostly prefer to acquire books as they cross my path. However, it would be nice to finish off a few more runs. Not sure how that will work out; had a restricted budget last year and I’m hoping to get a new set of wheels this year so that will probably take precedence.

My goals for this year are pretty lofty. I want to sell roughly 80% of my modern comics (likely not possible in 2 years let alone 1), get around 50-75 comics slabbed (already have around 30 set aside so far), and I want to start the LONG process of getting my complete Vampirella Magazine collection slabbed. I only bought high grade copies so I am hoping they all come back graded at least 8.0 or higher. I would also like to add at least 5-10 copies to my Wonder Woman Vol.1 collection. 

29 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

My biggest goal has already been obtained: a pre Robin Tec with a Batman cover. I bought Tec 36 about a month ago. Another goal is to obtain some early DC books. I have Adventure 41, More Fun 62 and 65 that I bought last year, plus various Batman's and Tecs. So I would like to get an early Action(from the 20's; earlier issues are mostly out of my reach), and an All Star.

I'm also enjoying late SA and early BA in high grade, and since they don't break the bank unless it's a key,  I hope to get some more of those as well.

Great stuff! What All-Stars are you looking for?