• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your comic collecting goals for this year??
6 6

104 posts in this topic

Purge and triage. Get down to a more manageable hoard. Bag and board anything worth it. Organize. Frame some of my OA I really like. Sell the rest. And, depending on where I am, fill some holes in runs. I might be missing a couple of issues of conan, for example. I might try and complete Spawn. Swamp Thing. Defenders. Power Man/IF. What If. Manageable titles where I may be 80-90% there already.

Reorganize and resort my collection as my wife and I move into our first (not rented) apartment. Scope out what the situation is with my doubles/under-grades of my UXM run, and see if it may be worth trying to sell some of them to funnel the money towards a #1 (every little bit helps). Cross more off the list of what I need for my run. Maybe try to get into light dealing to help fund purchasing.

My Goals for this year are to downsize my collection. I plan on keeping to the few modern runs I want, Batman, Claremont X-Men, some Image titles and then just slabbed keys and variants. I will continue to read singles for a little bit. I am unsure if I want to keep the singles I buy, and then just sell off the series I don't like or being to trade wait.

5 hours ago, OrangeCrush said:

My goals for this year are pretty lofty. I want to sell roughly 80% of my modern comics (likely not possible in 2 years let alone 1), get around 50-75 comics slabbed (already have around 30 set aside so far), and I want to start the LONG process of getting my complete Vampirella Magazine collection slabbed. I only bought high grade copies so I am hoping they all come back graded at least 8.0 or higher. I would also like to add at least 5-10 copies to my Wonder Woman Vol.1 collection. 

Vampirella's are really getting more popular by the day !

Edited by 1950's war comics

Action Comics 1-700 all in CGC 9.8 White Blue labels...I'm just missing #16, #24,  and #31.... Now that I got that Fantasy out of my  head...

My goals are quite a bit cheaper like Moon Knight and Marvel's Doc Savage and all the Valiant pre-Unity issues in CGC 9.8 white.

Would like to get Conan #1 in 9.6 and ASM 129 in 9.2-9.4 as well.

2017 was an incredible year for me. 2018 started a bit rough , but I feel confident it will be better.

In 2017 I had finished my Vampirella complete run, and my Creepy complete run. I also did acquire some great Eerie mags. I had also acquired a high grade Blazing Combat run 2-4, now I only need a #1.

so for 2018 I will be completing an Eerie run, and try to find a high grade Blazing Combat #1:wishluck:

This year might be my most crazy 2018 in trying to fulfill many of my comic run goals. From October 2017 to present, I had brought and add into my personal collection something like about 250 GA/SA/BA comic books. That is a new record for me like that, and it is only February now! What going be like the next 10 months when I find more books? lol

My Goals: 

Try find and complete Archie’s Pal Jughead #1-100 in high grades. I am already close at 50% completed. 

Green Lantern #1-100 to fill in some gaps.

Flash #105-200.

Buy more 1950s sci-fi comics like EC titles, Charton, DC and Atlas.  This year, I am going seek out, gloves off! :sumo:

Try finish JIM/Thor #83-125. I have less than 15 issues left to finish. Should be possible at end of 2019. Then focus on earlier JIM numbers. 

Sell off post-1980s books, some of my doubles, whatever else I have to reduce my possessions. I am going minimizing down to as few possessions. 

Dang, there seem to be quite a few X-Men buds here. I TOO plan to focus almost everything on completing my 1-544 run.  I want to trim my moderns down by about 600 books, and put that into completing UXM at least down through #100, about forty issues.  I'd get there faster if I didn't keep getting distracted by other shiny fun things *shakes fist at Spider-Man* .  I'm currently going through the whole run and making a list of under copies to replace, but unless they are keys they aren't a priority any time soon. I just like looking at my comics, so that's my excuse.

I don't care too much about variants, but admit to picking one up here and there if the price is right.

9 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Vampirella's are really getting more popular by the day !

Yeah, Dynamite has really done an amazing job with both Vampirella and Red Sonja since buying the rights to those characters. Popularity for both characters is really at an all time high. Amazingly, Sideshow has sold 9000 Red Sonja Premium Format statues in the last couple years and that doesn't include the new Red Sonja Premium Format statue that is currently up for sale and the newest Red Sonja statue is an absolutely beautiful statue so I have no doubt that statue will sell out in short order as well. So by this time next year its likely Sideshow will have sold roughly 13,500 Red Sonja Premium Format statues in a roughly 4 year period. Given that those 3 statues cost $380, $550, & $560, those are pretty impressive sales figures. And Sideshow has done very well with Vampirella statues as well. 

I am a HUGE Vampirella fan and my complete Vampirella magazine collection was one of the things I lost when we had our house fire in 2008 so it was really satisfying when I finally finished replacing that collection. And I actually purchased higher quality issues this time around. If I had gotten my initial collection graded, the average grade would have likely been in the 6.0-7.0 range. I have no doubt that all of my current issues will wind up with at least 8.0 or higher. Its definitely going to take some time to get them all slabbed and graded which is why starting that slabbing/grading this year is one of my biggest priorities in regards to my collecting hobbies.

Edited by OrangeCrush