• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your comic collecting goals for this year??
6 6

104 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, dhgladiator said:

You folks finishing Xmen runs from 1-544, is it just the regular covers or variant covers as well?

For me, it's regular covers, but I also have a list of variants and keep an eye out for them at decent prices to cross them off. But I'll consider my run done when I have just 1-544 regular.

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I'd like to pick off one or two more Atlas Sub-Mariner issues (I have 35 and 37).  Snag one Marvel Mystery, one Cap and one All Select.  Adventure Comics 88 and possibly upgrade my Hulk 1 (I'm pretty sure that won't happen).  

(worship)

9 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

This year might be my most crazy 2018 in trying to fulfill many of my comic run goals. From October 2017 to present, I had brought and add into my personal collection something like about 250 GA/SA/BA comic books. That is a new record for me like that, and it is only February now! What going be like the next 10 months when I find more books? lol

My Goals: 

Try find and complete Archie’s Pal Jughead #1-100 in high grades. I am already close at 50% completed. 

Green Lantern #1-100 to fill in some gaps.

Flash #105-200.

Buy more 1950s sci-fi comics like EC titles, Charton, DC and Atlas.  This year, I am going seek out, gloves off! :sumo:

Try finish JIM/Thor #83-125. I have less than 15 issues left to finish. Should be possible at end of 2019. Then focus on earlier JIM numbers. 

Sell off post-1980s books, some of my doubles, whatever else I have to reduce my possessions. I am going minimizing down to as few possessions. 

If you need a JIM 85 hmu, it has a retail tear but it really present nicely IMO.

10 hours ago, speedcake said:

Dang, there seem to be quite a few X-Men buds here. I TOO plan to focus almost everything on completing my 1-544 run.  I want to trim my moderns down by about 600 books, and put that into completing UXM at least down through #100, about forty issues.  I'd get there faster if I didn't keep getting distracted by other shiny fun things *shakes fist at Spider-Man* .  I'm currently going through the whole run and making a list of under copies to replace, but unless they are keys they aren't a priority any time soon. I just like looking at my comics, so that's my excuse.

I don't care too much about variants, but admit to picking one up here and there if the price is right.

I may have x-men from the 130s up to 544 with a couple missing. Part of my organizing will let me know where I am on that.

Buy a cool page of art: Current top page is an Eternal Warrior Cover / Maybe the Phish poster from 12/31/18

Upgrade a ASM: No movement on that front.

Buy a really cool toy: Current top toy is a custom Lego Snake Eyes figure.

Buy a sweet Golden Age Book: Current top book is a Tec 78 - Always looking at GA Timely's

1 hour ago, speedcake said:

Are you saying you may have them for sale?  :D

Dupes will mostly be sold, yes. Are you looking for a run of 400+ issues? Before rhe 130s i have more gaps and i sold my 1-4.

On 2018-02-20 at 6:07 PM, musicmeta said:

Action Comics 1-700 all in CGC 9.8 White Blue labels...I'm just missing #16, #24,  and #31.... Now that I got that Fantasy out of my  head...

I’d be truly impressed if you find Action #1 in 9.8.  You will need Doc Brown for help!  :cloud9:

Goal is to stick with the grand plan in achieving a high grade ASM 14 without continually getting sidetracked with other temptations. This year is getting less & less likely for that to happen. Whenever or if ever this happens I'll have a comic-gazm!!!

What a cool thread and some lofty goals. I plan on continuing to take it as it comes, hoping to be in the right place and right time. I have had great luck on the boards this last year finding stuff I needed / wanted and even things I didn't know I wanted. I need two elusive issues to finish my Nick Fury Agent of Shield run , a handful of books for UXM 94-143 , I started seeking out Devil Dinosaur books as well.

Thanks , CB

On 2/21/2018 at 9:42 AM, the blob said:

Dupes will mostly be sold, yes. Are you looking for a run of 400+ issues? Before rhe 130s i have more gaps and i sold my 1-4.

I need a few of the later issues between 450 - 544. As well as early issues below 66 but those might have to wait.