• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are your comic collecting goals for this year??
6 6

104 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm thinking 3.0/3.5 as well, last I checked on sites was that there was a sizable difference between 3.0-4.0.... I could see spending a certain amount, and it would depend on if I could do some trade towards the purchase... :wishluck:

Nice.  The good thing about Avengers 4 is that there are always copies a plenty to be had.  Just a matter of how much you want to throw down.

2 hours ago, slg343 said:

Daredevil 2, 3, 5, 7 in CGC 9.0  and to stop buying impulse books.

Except for Flash 92 twenty years ago, impulse has not had anything of value.

Find Morbius: The Living Vampire #31 or Darkhawk #49 in the wild and complete one of the following series:

1. Supernatural Thrillers - one issue

2. Swamp Thing (1972) - four issues

3. Ghost Rider (1990) - seven issues

Edited by creaturefan95
war is hell

A nice page of OA every month. Got 2 so far so I have got to catch up a bit.

Only buy super deals at flea markets and garage sales.

Dump 4 longs for fast ca$h that I keep tripping over.

Send 20 of my best books to CGC.

Read all this stuff!!!

Draw at least 1 page a month of my own too.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:22 PM, creaturefan95 said:

Find Morbius: The Living Vampire #31 or Darkhawk #49 in the wild and complete one of the following series:

1. Supernatural Thrillers - one issue

2. Swamp Thing (1972) - four issues

3. Ghost Rider (1990) - seven issues

Finally found Morbius: The Living Vampire #31 in the wild on Sunday at @DACW but it was part of a set of issues 20-32! :pullhair:

I was so busy last year, I'm not sure whether I bought a single comic book. I'm actually even busier now, but I have decided to try to make time for collecting again. As a kid, I always wanted to collect the Mr. Mind saga in Captain Marvel Adventures, so I may try to start putting that run together this year. I want to read the books, so I'll have to limit myself to raw copies, but I don't want absolute beaters. I'm thinking 5.0—7.0. Any higher in grade and I wouldn't want to read them; any lower, they'd be falling apart in my hands.

With the first three months nearly in the bag I have held pretty strong to downsizing.  I've organized about 100 SS books for sale and maybe 50 universal CGC books that I'm considering as well.  About 20% are already up on Ebay.  I'll work out something with Comiclink on some I'm sure. If I can keep that up and clear those out I'll move on to the 8 long boxes that need to be cleared out and see if I can't sell them at a local show or something.  Once the debt is paid down I hope to regroup and see if I'm good with just keeping what I set aside or if I want to upgrade to a few that I don't have.  

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:04 PM, MisterX said:

Work on my HG run of Weird War Tales. Probably not going to finish this year.

Finish selling off my BA runs of Our Army at War and Our Fighting Forces. Mmm, and probably Daredevil, too.

Sell later issues of Creepy to buy early issues of Creepy with Frazetta covers. 

Upgrade a book or two. 

Make a substantial dent in my giant stack of unread comics and magazines.

Possibly submit one PCH book to CGC so I can sell it for hopefully something close to what I paid for it.

Go to the NYCC and not find anything on my list (again), end up with a neat pile of impulse buys (again).

I knew I had posted in a "Collection Goals 2018" thread, but I didn't realize there were two of them!

I stayed pretty focused this year, which is kind of unusual for me. So how did I do?

1) I picked up 14 HG issues of Weird War Tales, mostly from the second-half of the run. Yeah, low-hanging fruit mostly, but a run is a run. I have about 48 issues left to go, unless I decide to upgrade.

2) Sold or traded all of my BA OOAW, OFF and DD books with the exceptions of a few favorite covers and keys.

3) Sold off my later issues of Creepy, picked up three early Frazetta Creepy covers from Harley Yee at the NYCC

4) I upgraded one book (DC Special Series 16, Jonah Hex story), and bought a slab which was technically a lower grade but presented much better than my other copy (Marvel Preview 2, Punisher story). 

5) I barely read any books at all. I feel kind of sick about it, actually. Big goal for 2019 is to conquer the pile.

6) I submitted one HG PCH book to CGC which came back tied with the highest graded. Consigned it to Clink and it sold very well.  I felt pretty savvy for a few days after that. Then I overpaid for some schlock and the forces of the universe went back into balance.

7) I did go to the NYCC, and managed to cross a few items off my list (Our Love Story 19), along with a handful of impulse buys.

I also had a chance to pick up a piece of OA, which I was really excited about.

Who's next? Anybody else get confused which thread they posted in? Just me?

On 3/27/2018 at 10:11 AM, Mayor006 said:

With the first three months nearly in the bag I have held pretty strong to downsizing.  I've organized about 100 SS books for sale and maybe 50 universal CGC books that I'm considering as well.  About 20% are already up on Ebay.  I'll work out something with Comiclink on some I'm sure. If I can keep that up and clear those out I'll move on to the 8 long boxes that need to be cleared out and see if I can't sell them at a local show or something.  Once the debt is paid down I hope to regroup and see if I'm good with just keeping what I set aside or if I want to upgrade to a few that I don't have.  

Well, here it is the end of the year and I'm exactly where I was in the debt column, I have even more CGC books, but I did manage to set up at a show and did pretty well! What tripped me up this year was purchasing original art.  I bought a Campbell page and a couple of other nice pieces. Next year's goals are real simple. I'm going after one key book, I'll continue to look for original art, and there will be somewhere near 160 less CGC slabs in my collection by this time next year.