• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stephen King's IT Sequel (9/6/19)

64 posts in this topic

IT Sequel May Have A Star In Jessica Chastain

Pennywise-It-2017.jpg

According to an exclusive from Variety, their sources have told them that Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to star in New Line’s IT sequel as the adult version of Beverly. The young Beverly was originally played by Sophia Lillis. The -script will be penned by writer Gary Dauberman and Andy Muschietti will return to direct.

The sources have claimed that the negotiations are still in its infancy and that the -script for IT is still being worked on but both sides have already discussed Chastain’s involvement in the film. Chastain has been linked to the sequel for quite a bit, since after it’s mammoth of an opening, Director Andy and producer Barbara Muschietti both mentioned in an interview that Chastain is their top choice to play adult Beverly in the sequel. There were also rumors of a potential post credits scene (the new wave of surprises) where Chastain would have made an appearance but that never came to pass. Let’s also not forget that Chastain also has some history with Muschietti having worked with him in his first studio hit, the supernatural thriller Mama.

IT is looking to hit theaters September 6th 2019 with production beginning this summer!

22 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Damn, McAvoy is in everything these days. Still need to watch part 1. 

So much more horror than the TV version could ever deliver. Though I still enjoy the Tim Curry version too. That opening... :eek:

On 5/10/2019 at 2:13 PM, sagekilz said:

I though the first 0:40-0:45 seconds of the new trailer (the conversation with the old lady) was fan-bleeping-tastic.  The remainder of the trailer however gave me a Stranger Things vibe of which is fine but it feels like a copy.

I love Stranger Things but they rode the nostalgic coattails of IT, E.T. and the 80’s teen wave. Stranger Things is actually the copy. And it’s near perfection.