• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a Sketch Cover Graded?

3 posts in this topic

I'm looking into getting a sketch and signature from an artist at an upcoming Convention,

but I need to send him the book beforehand so he can start the sketch.

What do I need to do to make sure that CGC will still take it and verify it at the Con?

Its very easy.

Send the artist your blank cover. 

When you're at the convention, go meet with the artist and make sure he/she has the sketch done and with them. When its done just head over to the cgc booth, or applicable facilitator and get a witness from them. Pick up your sketch and return to the cgc booth and fill out your paperwork. easy peasy.

Also just from personal exp. do not pay upfront for your sketch. I refuse to pay until I see at least a rough sketch of what the artist has done. I pay in full when I pick up the completed sketch. There is nothing worse than pre paying 2, 3 or 400$ for a sketch and you're not happy with the end result.

Also explain to the artist the book is being graded by CGC as some artists will charge a fee for a CGC book.

Hope that helps!