• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help! How can I display my comcis

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I am moving soon and finally am getting a whole room dedicated to my comic collection! The only thing is I really don't know how to display them since my current house I only received a small space for my comics, I know it should be my design and what I like but maybe you guys have some suggestions so does anyone know what would look nice

3 minutes ago, Aliens said:

Hey guys, I am moving soon and finally am getting a whole room dedicated to my comic collection! The only thing is I really don't know how to display them since my current house I only received a small space for my comics, I know it should be my design and what I like but maybe you guys have some suggestions so does anyone know what would look nice

You will find many ideas here:

Light damages paper. All light is harmful. UV light is the most destructive, but all light is bad for paper.  So the best thing for your comics is to make color copies of the books you want to display, frame them and keep your comic books in nice, dark boxes.  This is the why of all the faded "wall books" in comic book stores

If you are determined to display your comics, then keep any windows covered so as to not let in sunlight and install LED lights in the comic room. Not only are they energy efficient, LED's do not emit any light in the UV wavelengths. 

1 minute ago, Tony S said:

Light damages paper. All light is harmful. UV light is the most destructive, but all light is bad for paper.  So the best thing for your comics is to make color copies of the books you want to display, frame them and keep your comic books in nice, dark boxes.  This is the why of all the faded "wall books" in comic book stores

If you are determined to display your comics, then keep any windows covered so as to not let in sunlight and install LED lights in the comic room. Not only are they energy efficient, LED's do not emit any light in the UV wavelengths. 

You said that all light is harmful.  Does this mean that over time, an LED light will still cause a comic book to fade despite not emitting any light in UV wavelengths?

8 hours ago, Pontoon said:

You will find many ideas here:

I recommend looking through this thread. Many of the pictures are now gone, but I got a lot of ideas from there before setting up my new room. I spent hours going through the years of pages. I suggest starting from newest to oldest since many old pictures are likely gone now.

I also purchased a transparent film for the windows to block the UV and installed an LED light in the room.

Here is an article on protecting articles from light damage.

They recommend not displaying light sensitive collections for more than a few months and at very low light levels.  The last few paragraphs sums it up. 

"All light is energy and the energy that light provides fuels destructive chemical reactions that contribute to the deterioration of collections in libraries, archives, and museums. Light also damages bindings, photographic emulsions, and other media, including the inks, dyes, and pigments used in many library and archival materials.  

While all sources of ultraviolet light should be filtered, and the exposure of collections to visible light should be strictly controlled, the guidelines in this leaflet will allow institutions to take these factors together and make informed decisions reconciling the needs of their collections and their exhibitions."

https://www.nedcc.org/free-resources/preservation-leaflets/2.-the-environment/2.4-protection-from-light-damage

Edited by Tony S

Hello,

In regards to displaying or framing comic book, you can view our website www.eccframes.com and view our different variations of graded and un-graded comic frames.  We have multiple price ranges, and our frames offer 99% UV resistance.

https://www.eccframes.com/comic-frames

Thanks,

ECC Frames

Economy with Hulk 340 Cropped.png

Economy Plus Dr Strange CGC Cropped.png

Standard Bronze Black Panther Comic.png

Premium  Bronze with Comic Cropped.png