• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auction Today
4 4

201 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, jhm said:

I'm thrilled... been hunting for solid copies of both of my wins today for far too long :cloud9:

nc7.jpeg.0606edcde06c55b78e5dd3ea66f5aa0b.jpegff.jpeg.b04dff718c4141737347a621bcd66f88.jpeg

Congrats, great books, I was in the running for the Funnies to complement my other Frazettas ... went higher than I wanted obviously ! V nice copy! 

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

one of the 2 big targets has gone beyond my reach, but the other one is coming to cajun country.  yay!!!!!!!!

cmj2.jpg

I knew better than to compete with bayou big money and the Master 22 soared out of my range, but I did get a Raboy consolation prize. 

lf.jpg

I have never been a collector of GA comic books but I am reaching a financial milestone and decided to celebrate last night so I threw a solid bid up on one of the Archie books. Still high bidder now and I may even knock it up to full gpa! Here's hoping!

21 minutes ago, Bird said:

I have never been a collector of GA comic books but I am reaching a financial milestone and decided to celebrate last night so I threw a solid bid up on one of the Archie books. Still high bidder now and I may even knock it up to full gpa! Here's hoping!

Turn back now ... hide your wallet!

1 hour ago, jhm said:

I'm thrilled... been hunting for solid copies of both of my wins today for far too long :cloud9:

nc7.jpeg.0606edcde06c55b78e5dd3ea66f5aa0b.jpegff.jpeg.b04dff718c4141737347a621bcd66f88.jpeg

Well done indeed! I dropped out well before the final hammer on the National 7. Big time congrats! ? 

Edited by Zolnerowich
Clarification

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I knew better than to compete with bayou big money and the Master 22 soared out of my range, but I did get a Raboy consolation prize. 

lf.jpg

Strong work! You’re not monkeying around, I can tell you that!

1 hour ago, jhm said:

Sweet score on the National 7. Congrats! That's one I was gunning for hard until last week when I picked up a GA key. Sweet book and tough in any grade, it's a beauty!

5 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I had a fever all day and was working and missed most of the auction. I got on in time for the phantom ladies and completely expected to take down the 18 but then lost my nerve. I think a lot of it was because of my fever. Also all the books I was selling went real cheap. 

IMO there were some very weak prices for books coveted in the hobby, the Tec 35 is one example.

1 hour ago, Diamonddave said:

IMO there were some very weak prices for books coveted in the hobby, the Tec 35 is one example.

I thought so too but some so-so prices but also some strong prices

More Fun 65 in 6.5 went $2868 

Looney Tunes 1 in 6.0 went for $3943

Daring Mystery 7 in 7.5 went for $2151

Superworld 1 in 7.0 went for $5497

Keys (Batman 1, All American 16, Captain America 1) went for very very strong prices

3 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

Those "weak prices" never seem to stay down on the books I am bidding on.   Someone always seems to want the same book pretty bad.  lol.

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Thought the Cindy 37 went low.  A 4.5 went higher on CLink a while back. 

Yes, although I believe that once apparently HTF book (but not so much anymore) has cooled off a bit due to the number of copies that seems to be creeping into the marketplace with each passing auction.  hm