• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auction Today
4 4

201 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lhcomics said:

Also I was watching the Tec 35 in 3.5. Seems the tape had a big impact obviously of the hammer price. Especially the amount of tape on back cover. 

I completely agree with the tape reasoning. So we shall see the results of the Tec 35's offered by comic connect in a few weeks.

Ha.com is great, but its not a place to find great deals . If you want a book so bad , be ready to compete against rich people who want the same book as you and because of the stock market situation they are probably now investing more money on comics than usual . On top of that you have to add the "buyers premium" 

I was tracking the Canadian Pep 22 btw , but my plans ended at the live auction

Edited by Mijael.Levy

1 hour ago, Bat-Hound said:
2 hours ago, lhcomics said:

Also I was watching the Tec 35 in 3.5. Seems the tape had a big impact obviously of the hammer price. Especially the amount of tape on back cover. 

I completely agree with the tape reasoning. So we shall see the results of the Tec 35's offered by comic connect in a few weeks.

Tape on CC 35 has not (yet) left yucky stains. Same can't be said for yucky HA copy. Yuck !

Edited by Gotham Kid

58 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Ha.com is great, but its not a place to find great deals . If you want a book so bad , be ready to compete against rich people who want the same book as you and because of the stock market situation they are probably now investing more money on comics than usual . On top of that you have to add the "buyers premium

I was tracking the Canadian Pep 22 btw , but my plans ended at the live auction

the former is often true, but exceptions occur--i couldn't have been happier about what the cindy 37 cost me.  as to the latter, it shouldn't be an issue for a buyer; just bid the amount WITH the buyer's premium that you're willing to pay for the book.  i'm awful at math, but even i can do it.

8 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

the former is often true, but exceptions occur--i couldn't have been happier about what the cindy 37 cost me.  as to the latter, it shouldn't be an issue for a buyer; just bid the amount WITH the buyer's premium that you're willing to pay for the book.  i'm awful at math, but even i can do it.

They actually do it for you. In parenthesis under your bid is the value of the bid including BP.

Right there under that big, beautiful, and oh so tempting red button.  :)

The prices on the early Millies are just amazing. They're board member 143ksk's - the Millie 2 is currently north of $9K. I may have to pull mine out if that's the price they're trading for. All the Marvel/Atlas girl stuff is going crazy.

1 hour ago, Mijael.Levy said:

On top of that you have to add the "buyers premium" 

Buyer's premium is part of your bid.  Bid what you want to pay with the buyer's premium included.  Heritage does the math for you. 

2 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

The prices on the early Millies are just amazing. They're board member 143ksk's - the Millie 2 is currently north of $9K. I may have to pull mine out if that's the price they're trading for. All the Marvel/Atlas girl stuff is going crazy.

$15k now. Unreal. 

21 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

IMO there were some very weak prices for books coveted in the hobby, the Tec 35 is one example.

6 hours ago, Bat-Hound said:
8 hours ago, lhcomics said:

Regardless of the tape, I strongly believe the fact that CC has a total of 4 copies of this book in their current Event Auction did not help with the final results for this HA copy.  :gossip:

After all, the economic pricing model is basically common sense when you look at the impact of increasing supply, even on a particular product that is in demand.  hm

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

They actually do it for you. In parenthesis under your bid is the value of the bid including BP.

Right there under that big, beautiful, and oh so tempting red button.  :)

I'm partial to the "disable live bidding" button; helps minimize costly accidents!