• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage Auction Today
4 4

201 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

So true!  If the Berk collection was worthy of a label notation, I think his collection was as well.  Granted, we're not talking about GA superhero keys here, but this is by far the best collection of this type of material that will ever be assembled.  

Agreed! For me, this was the most exciting auction ever. Thank you, 143ksk!!

Confessions of Love 11 and Confessions of the Lovelorn 53 both closed strong.  Confessions of Love 11 -- $2,15; Confessions of the Lovelorn 53 -- $1,015

Edited by Sqeggs

11 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Was blown away on most books I tried for so far today, but very happy to win this one for a reasonable price. 

lf.jpg

Cool :applause:

im now kicking myself for not snagging that mile high Boy Comics with the suicide attempt cover:facepalm:

16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Confessions of Love 11 and Confessions of the Lovelorn 53 both closed strong.  Confessions of Love 11 -- $2,15; Confessions of the Lovelorn 53 -- $1,015

I won the Confessions of Love 11. Wish it would have cost less but it was a must have especially after losing out on all the other books I was watching. I really wanted the Confessions of the Lovelorn 53 as well but had to let it go. Congrats to whoever won it. 

Ken

7 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This auction is showing me how much “crazy priced” stuff I have sold dirt cheap here over the last two years. 

I was telling my wife the same thing. I sold a majority of my good girl art books a year or 2 too early. Luckily kept the Mile Highs.

6 minutes ago, Inaflash said:

I won the Confessions of Love 11. Wish it would have cost less but it was a must have especially after losing out on all the other books I was watching. I really wanted the Confessions of the Lovelorn 53 as well but had to let it go. Congrats to whoever won it. 

Ken

I thought I would scoop up that one, but you and the underbidder zoomed past where I thought it might end.  Such a great cover that I think it's a wonderful pickup even at that price. 

17 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This auction is showing me how much “crazy priced” stuff I have sold dirt cheap here over the last two years. 

I recall you were somewhat chided on the boards  for suggesting the Archie’s girls 40 would be the next hot book... good call there, but I’m a bit skeptical if these rich guy fight prices will hold after today.

3 minutes ago, szavisca said:

I recall you were somewhat chided on the boards  for suggesting the Archie’s girls 40 would be the next hot book... good call there, but I’m a bit skeptical if these rich guy fight prices will hold after today.

I was a big believer in B and V 40 and picked up 8 copies in a year. All are gone now before the big upswing.  

It’s all good though. :foryou:

4 minutes ago, szavisca said:
25 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Kind of depends, I think, on whether we see more copies come to market.  As we saw with Cindy 37, when that happens, prices can fall off these highs.  The thing about these books, though, is that most of them are so tough in high grade that they get a premium in that condition that may well persist. The Cindy 37s that have been sold lately have been mid-grade, so far as I can recall.