• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YEAH, YEAH,...LETS SEE EM BOTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

104 posts in this topic

Im assuming 'Litch' is your daughter ?

If you wanna do the deal...pm me....I might be able to make it happen 4 ya !

Paul Litch is a senior grader at CGC. foreheadslap.gifscrewy.gif

840845-plitch.jpg

893whatthe.gif Too long in the sun!

840845-plitch.jpg

893whatthe.gif Too long in the sun!

Thats actually how red my back and shoulders were after 4 hours in the NC sun on Friday. sign-offtopic.gif

How can they say it is the earliest Batman/Detective Cover known to exist when the cover to Detective #71 was sold a few years ago and made big news at the time (and was at that time considered the "official" first cover appearance)?

Their picture also shows that restoration of the art has begun compared to what was shown here.

How can they say it is the earliest Batman/Detective Cover known to exist when the cover to Detective #71 was sold a few years ago and made big news at the time (and was at that time considered the "official" first cover appearance)?

Because Batman #11 came out before Detective #71, hence the term "earliest."

Their picture also shows that restoration of the art has begun compared to what was shown here.

I don't remember Detective #71 ever having been considered the first cover appearance of the Joker. When the debate was raging as to whether or not the Joker appeared on the cover of Detective #40, the next possibiility was Detective #62, not #71.

Although I do recall a post from Steve B. awhile back in which he stated that if he had any more children, their names would all be "Litch" - regardless of gender. Lemme see if I can dig that out....

I don't remember Detective #71 ever having been considered the first cover appearance of the Joker. When the debate was raging as to whether or not the Joker appeared on the cover of Detective #40, the next possibiility was Detective #62, not #71.

Yep, yep - my bad. It WAS the cover to Detective #62 I am thinking of - with the Joker Balloons. It does exist and the last time I heard about it being sold was around '97.

But there was debate over whether it was the first Joker cover or not - but even if it isn't it still predates Bat #11.

Now, what's the excuse?

Hype. They can say whatever they want. Who's going to stop them?

If the 'Tec #62 cover is out there, then there is no excuse. It's from April '42, and the Bat #11 is from June/July of '42. Makes me wonder what happened the the 'Tec #40 cover. Bottom of a landfill somewhere?

If the 'Tec #62 cover is out there, then there is no excuse. It's from April '42, and the Bat #11 is from June/July of '42. Makes me wonder what happened the the 'Tec #40 cover. Bottom of a landfill somewhere?

I know where the Tec 40 cover is. I bought it from the dentist but I decided there were too many brown glue stains so I returned it to him. I just hate those stains on original art. grin.gif

But seriously I wouldn't be surpised if it is still around considering Metro has a few Tec covers that predate issue 40.

What's a little restoration among friends? insane.gif

yeahok.gif

In that situation RESTORATION IS GOOD.

yeahok.gif

I think it's good in many situations, but not without disclosure.

No one is complaining about the restoration - it's the lie in their press release that this is the earliest original Batman/Detective cover known.

In fact it's not even the earliest Joker cover known and Metropolis has the cover to Detective #60 in their original art gallery, so it was very easy to see it's not the earlist Batman/Detective cover known either.

yeahok.gif

I think it's good in many situations, but not without disclosure.

And they (being Heritage) note work that's been done to OA pages all the time. I'm sure the work that was done will be noted in the auction description. confused-smiley-013.gif