• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature on book or cgc case ?

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys I’m odviously new to comic book collecting. Going to comic con in April. I wanted to get Stan Lee to sign some of my books. Some are in cgc cases, and some aren’t. Is the signature worth a lot more if it’s on the actual book or not? 

Nobody should be signing a plastic case. 

As for Stan Lee.  I would offer this bit of advice:  I have stood in line 3 x for his signature.  All 3 times were not very fun.  It's an assembly line, and good luck if he looks up at you now a days.   You will see dozens of different items being signed.  From comics he had a hand in creating/writing, to comics he had nothing to do with.  He will sign guitars, toys, books, baseballs, he even signed my nephews arm once, which is now a tattoo. 

There are thousands upon thousands of Stan Lee comics signed.  If you are looking to do this for some sort of profit- it will not happen.   I would suggest getting one of your favorite comic covers signed in a print or poster format.  Various web sites have all sorts of Marvel posters and prints.  That way you can frame it, put it on a wall, and not worry if it's good comic or not.  

This is all just one man's opinion.  It's your money and comics, so do as you wish.   I do hope you enjoy the experience.  It is cool to see him at his age, and he is still the living legend of our hobby.   Cheers!

8 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

It is cool to see him at his age, and he is still the living legend of our hobby.   Cheers!

Absolutely. Stan is to the comic hobby like if a pterodactyl flew in and landed in the Smithsonian's courtyard at the annual meeting of the paleontologist's society to pose with them for photos! :bigsmile: