• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bagged Grail, Selling Whales ! NEW BOOKS ADDED PAGE 11
11 11

248 posts in this topic

so that takes care of the "top ten" books part of the sale,  iMHO,

will start the second part of this sales thread on Monday when I start posting a truck load of new to market stuff, some you seen before, from everywhere, and maybe some you don't see much,

See you than, enjoy the thread,

Bri

Edited by Bunky Brian

2 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

DETECTIVE COMICS #35:news:SOLD PER PM !
CGC Grade: 3.5 VG -
Price: $35,000

JAN 1940; Off-white to white pages. The issue is one of Overstreet's Top 100 Golden Age Comics, and any copy that's certified as unrestored is hard to come by. This issue's classic cover marked the beginning of Batman's run as the permanent cover star of the title, a streak that is still going! The book is also famous for its splash panel, which has Batman holding a smoking gun -- now that's a Dark Knight!

tec_35_35_cgc.jpg

tec_35_35_cgc_bc.jpg

SOLD PER PM !

damn ! late to this party :frustrated:was not logged on yesterday evening.

Brian, I will take the Tec 35 if deal falls through. If I'm not mistaken I have recently seen that book sell at 3 different places so hopefully it will go to a good home. It would with me.

Edited by Gotham Kid

6 hours ago, Bunky Brian said:

BATMAN #1 :news:SOLD PER PM !
CGC Grade: 3.5 VG -
Price: $145,000

Bill Finger story, Bob Kane and Jerry Robinson cover and art. First appearance of the Joker and the Cat (Catwoman). Hugo Strange appearance.

bat_1_35_cgc.jpg

Beautiful copy !