• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DEATH OF SUPERMAN animated movie (2018)

13 posts in this topic

'Death Of Superman' Animated Movie First Look Released

death-of-superman-1086382.jpeg

The special features of upcoming DC Universe Animated Original Movie Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay offers a first look at Death of Superman, the newest animated adaptation of the famous 1992 DC Comics storyline that saw the Man of Steel fall in battle against the creature known as Doomsday. The first half of the two-part movie will release later this year, followed by Reign of the Supermen in 2019.

Warner Bros. Animation first tried their hand at adapting the story in 2007's direct-to-DVD Superman: Doomsday, the inaugural DC Universe Animated Original Movie, under the guiding hands of co-director and producer Bruce Timm. The latest adaptation will be "more faithful to the source material" and will be "much less condensed" than Doomsday, according to DC Comics, who write Death of Superman will "include many of the fan-favorite moments from the story that were left out of Doomsday."

That film, loosely inspired by Timm's DC Animated Universe, greatly condensed the Death and Return of Superman storyline that ran between December 1992 and October 1993 in DC Comics, throughout titles like Superman, Adventures of Superman, Justice League America and Action Comics. The second part of the two-part adaptation, Reign of the Supermen, is likely to see Superman's resurrection after his absence gives rise to Superboy, Steel, the Last Son of Krypton and the villainous Cyborg Superman.

Warner Bros. Animation has yet to announce a voice cast or release date for Death of Superman, but the animated original will premiere on Digital HD, Ultra HD 4K and Blu-ray later this year.

20 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Cool!

I really like the Doomsday animated film, but I am looking forward to this release.

I was surprised they are revisiting this story so soon. But if they can make it exciting and entertaining, even better.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I was surprised they are revisiting this story so soon. But if they can make it exciting and entertaining, even better.

Well, it has been 11 years since the previous animated film. While I agree with you, 11 years also seems to be an eternity in today's "reboot" industry.

'The Death of Superman' Movie Cast Revealed

According to TV Insider, Jerry O'Connell (Billions) will return to voice Superman for the fourth time. O’Connell’s wife Rebecca Romijn (The Librarians, X-Men) will voice Superman’s wife Lois Lane. Rainn Wilson (The Office, Star Trek: Discovery) will play the villain Lex Luthor.

Other cast members include Jane the Virgin's Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman; Castle and Firefly alum Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern; Covert Affairs' Christopher Gorham as The Flash; Timeless' Matt Lanter as Aquaman; Shemar Moore from SWAT as Cyborg; and Jason O'Mara, who played The Patriot in Agents of SHIELD, returning as Batman.

Rocky Carroll of NCIS will play Cyborg’s father. Patrick Fabian from Better Call Saul will voice Hank Henshaw.

I want two things...

1.  A scene where they show Doomsday punching his way out of the jail/containment he was being held (that was epic(thumbsu)

2.  Incorporate Doomsday's origin (how he was an experiment being killed over and over gaining strength by evolving after each death)

Besides that, I'd like to also see the Black suit, Doomsday crushing the bird, final panel of Lois holding Superman, and a royal rumble between all the versions of Superman (with the Man Of Tomorrow being the final winner:sumo:).

3 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I want two things...

1.  A scene where they show Doomsday punching his way out of the jail/containment he was being held (that was epic(thumbsu)

2.  Incorporate Doomsday's origin (how he was an experiment being killed over and over gaining strength by evolving after each death)

Besides that, I'd like to also see the Black suit, Doomsday crushing the bird, final panel of Lois holding Superman, and a royal rumble between all the versions of Superman (with the Man Of Tomorrow being the final winner:sumo:).

Yeah, I thought that origin reveal for Doomsday was really memorable back in the day, would be cool to see that added (thumbsu His destruction of the Justice League was pretty stunning, too.

40 minutes ago, zuckuss2003 said:

Yeah, how crappy does that trailer look. Geez.

I watched it yesterday...it was awful.

Basic story was kinda there but not true to the Comics in so many places. Voice actors casting was terrible. Maybe 5/10