• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what issue is the real 1st app of Red Goblin?
2 2

378 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

You mean Norman Osborn right?

Personally, I agree that in issues #795 and #796, we see Norman Osborn as Carnage.  He doesn't appear in his Green Goblin costume, nor does he even have access to those powers/psyche for much of those issues due to the nanites.  Thus, to date there has not been a 1st appearance of the Red Goblin to speak of imo.

correct

3 hours ago, kimik said:

The Red Goblin is supposed to be revealed in #799, right? I hope they bring Ned Leeds back from the dead and have him become the Red Goblin in that issue. Then we can cash in on both ASM #238 and #799......

Where did you hear this?

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

You mean Norman Osborn right?

Personally, I agree that in issues #795 and #796, we see Norman Osborn as Carnage.  He doesn't appear in his Green Goblin costume, nor does he even have access to those powers/psyche for much of those issues due to the nanites.  Thus, to date there has not been a 1st appearance of the Red Goblin to speak of imo.

Yes you got me lol Norman. I’m old so spare me for misnaming but still meaning Norman haha. Norman is still Green Goblin, no ? If we saw Bruce Wayne ( besides being almost impossible to make happen ) as Carnage would it not be Batman we see as well ? Or maybe Johnny Storm ?  Anyway. I understand both sides of the argument. I was simply pointing out that while there is a lot of talk about what they’re not, the market seems to be deciding that 795 is a book to own. It keeps on rising on eBay. It seems to me that this is still the safest bet. I bought a few of the Keown Hulk issues on preorder. If I thought they were done, I’d dump them and buy later. Won’t make or break the bank either way. Just comics :tink: 

15 minutes ago, the authority said:

Yes you got me lol Norman. I’m old so spare me for misnaming but still meaning Norman haha. Norman is still Green Goblin, no ? If we saw Bruce Wayne ( besides being almost impossible to make happen ) as Carnage would it not be Batman we see as well ? Or maybe Johnny Storm ?  Anyway. I understand both sides of the argument. I was simply pointing out that while there is a lot of talk about what they’re not, the market seems to be deciding that 795 is a book to own. It keeps on rising on eBay. It seems to me that this is still the safest bet. I bought a few of the Keown Hulk issues on preorder. If I thought they were done, I’d dump them and buy later. Won’t make or break the bank either way. Just comics :tink: 

By that logic, if you saw Carnage would you think it's the Red Goblin?

We don't know what is going to happen. The Red Goblin has not been in a story yet. Maybe isn't someone new, like Hobgoblin was.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:
5 hours ago, kimik said:

The Red Goblin is supposed to be revealed in #799, right? I hope they bring Ned Leeds back from the dead and have him become the Red Goblin in that issue. Then we can cash in on both ASM #238 and #799......

Where did you hear this?

I am just going by Previews. 

Here is the solicitation for ASM #798

FEB180830
(W) Dan Slott (A) Stuart Immonen (CA) Alex Ross

GO DOWN SWINGING Part 2
•  Dan Slott's final SPIDER-MAN story continues! 
•  The GREEN GOBLIN HAS RETURNED - and he's exacting his ultimate revenge not only on SPIDER-MAN, but on everyone the wall-crawler loves!
•  Norman Osborn's offering NO QUARTER, an ultimatum that threatens to finish PETER PARKER once and for all!
Rated T

In Shops: Apr 04, 2018
SRP: $3.99

Compare that with the solicitation for ASM #799, which has a much better cover IMHO as well:

FEB180834

GO DOWN SWINGING Part 3
•  SPIDER-MAN will need to the help of friend and foe alike if he hopes to stop THE GREEN GOBLIN this time! 
•  The mystery of the RED GOBLIN is finally revealed, and it's not going to be pretty for Peter Parker!
Rated T

In Shops: Apr 18, 2018

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #799 LEG

14 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am just going by Previews. 

Here is the solicitation for ASM #798

FEB180830

GO DOWN SWINGING Part 2
•  Dan Slott's final SPIDER-MAN story continues! 
•  The GREEN GOBLIN HAS RETURNED - and he's exacting his ultimate revenge not only on SPIDER-MAN, but on everyone the wall-crawler loves!
•  Norman Osborn's offering NO QUARTER, an ultimatum that threatens to finish PETER PARKER once and for all!
Rated T

In Shops: Apr 04, 2018

Compare that with the solicitation for ASM #799, which has a much better cover IMHO as well:

FEB180834

GO DOWN SWINGING Part 3
•  SPIDER-MAN will need to the help of friend and foe alike if he hopes to stop THE GREEN GOBLIN this time! 
•  The mystery of the RED GOBLIN is finally revealed, and it's not going to be pretty for Peter Parker!
Rated T

In Shops: Apr 18, 2018

Gotcha, personally I'll believe it when I see it.
We just went through this with all the Spawn solicitations for the new character. Which has technically still not appeared.

Is the ASM #797 1:10 variant that has a picture of a Red Goblin with words next to him reading “Red Goblin” an appearance of THE Red Goblin ? If so, it isn’t a store variant, its a 1:10, and it is currently selling for $19.99 on eBay. What do you guys think of this one ? 

1 minute ago, the authority said:

Is the ASM #797 1:10 variant that has a picture of a Red Goblin with words next to him reading “Red Goblin” an appearance of THE Red Goblin ? If so, it isn’t a store variant, its a 1:10, and it is currently selling for $19.99 on eBay. What do you guys think of this one ? 

Deadpools Secret Wars #2 Gwenpool.

But, there is still a store variant with an image an issue before.

13 hours ago, the authority said:

however unlikely it may seem, that Carnage and some other entity become the Red Goblin and that. Norman Osborn is left out in the cold. We'll all know very soon.

Yes it would be cool if someone like JJJ became the new Goblin, maybe the symbiote will chose him instead. I would love to see that as old jolly Jonah has been behind a lot of villains origins.

7 hours ago, tv horror said:

Yes it would be cool if someone like JJJ became the new Goblin, maybe the symbiote will chose him instead. I would love to see that as old jolly Jonah has been behind a lot of villains origins.

After reading 797, that's was I was thinking too. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a curveball.