• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what issue is the real 1st app of Red Goblin?
2 2

378 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:
21 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Explain I don't understand that? Get it right?

You're stating demand and value will prove the first appearance. But, we don't have a first appearance yet.

In this case no I am not, but I can understand how that reads.

The print run and the demand will continue for the 1st couple of issues. The print run for the 1st app will be increasingly larger for a villain I have no interest in so I am 
sticking to the front end issues with the lower print run. 

Its fun to watch this one from the sidelines as I only wish I would have bought more of the 796 variant.

Yes, and I think that's still the case. While some us see the amalgamation as the first, some don't see it that way. A full page shot of a character introducing himself by name might be overlooked while the picture of a head or an arm, or a hand, or....well, you get the idea. It appears that neither side can be swayed in each case. Regardless, one book Is almost always THE money book. Right now, it is issue #795. Will it change ? Doubtful but it could happen. 

2 hours ago, the authority said:

Yes, and I think that's still the case. While some us see the amalgamation as the first, some don't see it that way. A full page shot of a character introducing himself by name might be overlooked while the picture of a head or an arm, or a hand, or....well, you get the idea. It appears that neither side can be swayed in each case. Regardless, one book Is almost always THE money book. Right now, it is issue #795. Will it change ? Doubtful but it could happen. 

Based on the eBay "sale prices" of CGC, or "soon" to be, graded copies of A S-M issues 795 to 797 that I see the prices for all three issues are "relatively" close ($80 to $200+ (shrug)); 795 averages a higher price-at least one buyer "paid" over $200 for A S-M 795, "go figure."

Unfortunately, none of these current prices will allow (edit) me to retire early unless I could sell 30,000 + copies of each issue at these prices. :eyeroll:

Edited by Tec-Tac-Toe
"me"

Just throwing this out there.....

798: Filler/setup issue. Nothing to see here

799: red goblin cameo, likely on last page or two.

800: first full red goblin. Milestone issue in terms of hitting 800 issues plus first full red goblin. Someone probably dies. "The money book"

That is straight guess work but that's how i would do it if i was writing this arc.

Don't get swept up into paying high prices for the 1:200, 1:500, 1:1000 variants for #800.

Diamond is offering retailers an extra 15% discount on #800, making those variants much more easier for retailers to order (in MASSIVE amounts).

Plus, stores that do store variants will order HEAVY on those ratio variants.

9 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Don't get swept up into paying high prices for the 1:200, 1:500, 1:1000 variants for #800.

Diamond is offering retailers an extra 15% discount on #800, making those variants much more easier for retailers to order (in MASSIVE amounts).

In my case, unless they sell at, let us say, $2.50 discounted, I will not spend "that kind of money" (however much it is) for these, or any, "variants".

1 hour ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

This feels like ASM #700 to me, which can sell for $40 on a good day now. But mostly hovers around $25.

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

This feels like ASM #700 to me, which can sell for $40 on a good day now. But mostly hovers around $25.

Nothing happened in #700. It was more of a nostalgia book at the time.

However, who knows, its all speculation until it comes out. But.....80 pages in 800. Something memorable better happen. No one is reading 80 pages of fluff.

2 hours ago, Bakerbr13 said:

Why 795? 

In my opinion, "the money book" hasnt revealed itself yet. 

Because that book as well as 796 will have a much lower print run and start off the story. But u are right the money book hasn't shown up. By the time it does the print run will limit the amount of profit that can be made except for a retailers . They are going to make out like bandits and they deserve it.