• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what issue is the real 1st app of Red Goblin?
2 2

378 posts in this topic

On 3/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, Bakerbr13 said:

Nothing happened in #700. It was more of a nostalgia book at the time.

However, who knows, its all speculation until it comes out. But.....80 pages in 800. Something memorable better happen. No one is reading 80 pages of fluff.

Some might say the death of Peter Parker was a big deal....

8 hours ago, williamblood said:

are they same person? i have ordered from both and notice tracking info started in Brooklyn for both

8 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

The item location for drewbizz on ebay is listed as Oceanside, NY. hm

Oceanside is on the south shore of Long Island. Not too far from Brooklyn. Could be that someone ships from his office

I'm going to preface this by saying that I've barely read any Spider-man since One More Day/Brand New Day (which was an awful idea and made me pretty much quit reading Marvel altogether).

I was going to make a stupid joke and say that Peter is going to be the Red Goblin.

But I thought about that for a sec, and thought… what's a synonym for "red"?

"Scarlet" comes to mind. Are there any clones of Peter still running around?

26 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

"Scarlet" comes to mind. Are there any clones of Peter still running around?

Actually they just done that story line were a clone (Scarlet Spider) of Peter was the Man in the RED suit The new Jackal working alongside Miles Warren the original Jackal. 

76b627eafde93ac152638f92db214192.thumb.jpg.92687ebf5905fc48549b644687ab06d5.jpg

It will be interesting to see what happens with prices on 795 - it will all depend on whether Norman ends up as Red Goblin or not, I guess.

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, Bakerbr13 said:

I already had these ordered before the announcement....

2 ross covers

Kirkham variant

Dell'otto variant

Young guns variant

I think im covered. I dont like virgin covers and im not shelling out tons of cash for deleted text.

same but i got children hospital covers as well

I wonder what the print run will end up being on this issue since Marvel only confirmed it a couple of hours before FOC? Based on recent numbers, ASM is selling at levels not that far off from the 1997 - 2001 lows..........

Edited by kimik

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I wonder what the print run will end up being on this issue since Marvel only confirmed it a couple of hours before FOC? Based on recent numbers, ASM is selling at levels not that far off from the 1997 - 2001 lows..........

im thinking 120k-140k max. alot of the east coast stores were closed before news really spread

7 hours ago, kimik said:

Much lower then 800, but higher then the last 3. The trick is to be done before 800 in my opinion. I want no part of that no matter what the 700th issue did. Its a different market now.

10 hours ago, williamblood said:

im thinking 120k-140k max. alot of the east coast stores were closed before news really spread

Looking at the numbers for recent issues at around 55,000 copies, I think that may be high. 

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Much lower then 800, but higher then the last 3. The trick is to be done before 800 in my opinion. I want no part of that no matter what the 700th issue did. Its a different market now.

I am not so sure. I think they will do something big in 800 that will be fun - hopefully the intro of a new character?

Edited by kimik