• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what issue is the real 1st app of Red Goblin?
2 2

378 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Just keep in mind: unless Marvel or a retailer who orders a store variant tells you upfront, nobody knows the actual print run of anything. 

"1:100, 1:500, 1:1000"...those numbers have no bearing on how many Marvel actually prints. They're just numbers that retailers need to meet to qualify to order the incentive.

Anyone telling you different 1. doesn't know what they're talking about, and 2. is probably trying to sell you something.

See recent: "limited to 600!!" recent fiasco.

But no retailers said "limited to 600".

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Just keep in mind: unless Marvel or a retailer who orders a store variant tells you upfront, nobody knows the actual print run of anything. 

"1:100, 1:500, 1:1000"...those numbers have no bearing on how many Marvel actually prints. They're just numbers that retailers need to meet to qualify to order the incentive.

Thank you that was very interesting and good to know.

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

But no retailers said "limited to 600".

Yes they did:

5aad42d6d5aa5_asm797ltd600.thumb.jpg.d287653673487293d3139965d615ce55.jpg

https://sadlemoncomics.com/products/amazing-spider-man-797-mike-mayhew-asm-238-homage-limited-to-600-copies-1?variant=5060662755369

Sad Lemon is the retailer...and they say "limited to 600" FOUR TIMES on that page.

And, technically, that was true: they were limiting SALES to 600 copies...but it was misleading, and misinterpreted to mean only 600 PRINTED, for which they had to issue a social media correction. 

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

what if....the Red Goblin is Mephisto in Goblin form or Ulrich taking a deal with the devil? Everyone is doing mashups these days (Hulk x Wolverine, Punisher x Ghost Rider) so why not Mephisto x Goblin mashup?

hm

3 minutes ago, MGH said:

It's not.. 796 comic xposure is first red goblin cover. Looking like 798 is first appearance 

Thanks! Going to fan expo Dallas a week from today, the Dell Otto ASM 797 would be there as an exclusive. Didn't know if it was going to be a must have, sold out or otherwise super expensive. lolit's probably all of the above, but if it isn't a cameo or full appearance I'd rather not stand through that line....

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! Going to fan expo Dallas a week from today, the Dell Otto ASM 797 would be there as an exclusive. Didn't know if it was going to be a must have, sold out or otherwise super expensive. lolit's probably all of the above, but if it isn't a cameo or full appearance I'd rather not stand through that line....

the 796 cx covers are good long term holds since there first covers. and 798 will have an appearance unknown whether its a full or not

5 hours ago, williamblood said:

the 796 cx covers are good long term holds since there first covers. and 798 will have an appearance unknown whether its a full or not

Marvel already said 798 is 1st full appearance.

Long term holds ? Only if the character lasts, which I'm betting it doesn't.

2 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

Marvel already said 798 is 1st full appearance.

Long term holds ? Only if the character lasts, which I'm betting it doesn't.

I reckon it will.. I personally love this idea for a villain.. I imagine others will too and will want to see more.   There is a lot to explore with this idea. 

20 minutes ago, MGH said:

I reckon it will.. I personally love this idea for a villain.. I imagine others will too and will want to see more.   There is a lot to explore with this idea. 

lol   

Writers ending ten year runs aren't usually creating villains that are going to stick around very long. 2c

Edited by bababooey

2 hours ago, MGH said:

Can't see what you love about the villain, since he hasnt even debuted yet.

I'm sure Marvel is listening to what you love at this moment in time......

*crickets chirping*

Edited by ComicCollectorMatt