• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So what issue is the real 1st app of Red Goblin?
2 2

378 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, MGH said:

Anything else? I personally had a blast reading this arc. 

You should probably put that in spoiler tags for those that have not read everything yet.

Why is 795 a cameo? He says "We are Carnage!". Origin and first appearance.

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

You should probably put that in spoiler tags for those that have not read everything yet.

Why is 795 a cameo? He says "We are Carnage!". Origin and first appearance.

fair point...  ill give you that .. 795 is first appearance osborne as carnage.. 

IMO keys that i figured are must haves are 795, 796 CX variant, 798,799,800   .. thats a lot of books from one story arc   :)  

origin of osborne carnage..  is that 794 or 795 ?    merge is in 795, but how he is able to do the merge is from 794  ..hmmm ..

Edited by MGH

33 minutes ago, MGH said:

fair point...  ill give you that .. 795 is first appearance osborne as carnage.. 

IMO keys that i figured are must haves are 795, 796 CX variant, 798,799,800   .. thats a lot of books from one story arc   :)  

Reveal hidden contents

origin of osborne carnage..  is that 794 or 795 ?    merge is in 795, but how he is able to do the merge is from 794  ..hmmm ..

795, 796 cx, and 798 virgin will be the big books to have if RG is used more than just in this arc

1 hour ago, williamblood said:

795, 796 cx, and 798 virgin will be the big books to have if RG is used more than just in this arc

How can he not make another appearance?   These were huge issues.    

I reckon he will make it into other media also. 

Theres obviously a story to tell about Norman Osborne in his current condition first though . 

Obviously more goblin childe to come too.. That could be genuinely creepy if treated right. 

Edited by MGH

14 hours ago, MGH said:

my take on first appearences, key issues in red alert/go down swinging arcs  etc..

in spoilers for those yet to read..  ( come on already !  its great !  ) 

Hide contents

795.  Cameo / first appearance Osborne as carnage

796 Osborne as carnage

796 CX 1st appearance red goblin (on cover) 

797 cameo of red goblin, death of Phil urich

797 variants 2nd appearance of red goblin (on cover) 

798 1st full appearance of red goblin

799 cameo / 1st appearance goblin childe 

800. Death of flash Thomson. P Parker reunited with venom.  Death of carnage?  Cleetus cassidy persona takes hold of Norman Osborne 

Gonna re-read it because I really didn't pay attention to 1sts of this or that while it was going on. Mostly because the story was pretty awesome! Best in a long time. As far as CGC goes, #795 gives a designation of "Norman Osborne joins with Carnage Symbiote". #796 & 797 only gets Osborne appearance. #798 gets "1st full Red Goblin Appearance". Could take awhile to work itself out. I seem to remember thinking #797 felt like a cameo because he was working in the shadows and had the last page reveal.  Didn't #795 just show it starting to attach to Norman and he said "I am Carnage!"? No mention of Red Goblin. 

Edited by Not A Clone

15 hours ago, MGH said:

my take on first appearences, key issues in red alert/go down swinging arcs  etc..

in spoilers for those yet to read..  ( come on already !  its great !  ) 

Hide contents

Haven’t read them yet, waiting for a day to just sit down to read through the entire arc, start to finish. Don’t mind spoilers though. Can’t wait!

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

Haha i cant believe i never heard that song before until now - thanks (thumbsu

Unfortunately I have a very twisted mind and I studied all aspects of popular culture, I knew that someday it would come in useful. :bigsmile:

10 hours ago, MGH said:

After thoughly  enjoying this arc - both the hype and the story - asm really fell over .. dropped from my pull recently. 

Hope to see red goblin back again soon 

The stories have been stereotypical fun comic book fare, but have lacked any sort of depth (like Immortal Hulk).  I've been tempted to drop the title a few times, but at this point, I keep waiting for them to have the showdown with whoever this Carrion 2.0 guy in the background is.  Needless to say, it's taking way too long.