• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Storage wars/Rene comic hoard find
3 3

59 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Ovrclck said:

That's incredible! What did this guy end up paying for the entire lot?

I've been watching his videos where he's at the storage unit going through boxes and at one point he said he had around $10K into it. At that point he estimated the hoard's worth at $100-150K. A very low estimate... sickening!

Edited by iggy
Spelling

6 minutes ago, iggy said:

I've been watching his videos where he's at the storage unit going through boxes and at one point he said he had around $10K into it. At that point he estimated the hoard's worth st $100-150K. A very low estimate... sickening!

Wow :whatthe: 

I can't bring myself to watch the other videos. Too much amazingness going on.

Pretty incredible.  Sometimes people just fall -backwards into it.    If he played his cards right, (and found a knowledgeable partner) he could probably quit the storage locker business for awhile, and just do auction houses, and set up at shows. 

9 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Pretty incredible.  Sometimes people just fall -backwards into it.    If he played his cards right, (and found a knowledgeable partner) he could probably quit the storage locker business for awhile, and just do auction houses, and set up at shows. 

Why would he do that?

Of all the Storage Wars personalities to find this lot and be competent with it, Rene is probably the one.  Dave would do it right too but he's not a good human being so this went to the best I suppose.  Barry would have been nice since he always tried so hard but always lost $.

Great find though!  He got all those mylars and boards right off the bat which was smart.

35 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I'd like to hoard Rene.

Rene is actually the name of the fat guy, but who am I to judge? Live and let live, man, if that's your thing.

Edited by october

I guess, I would vote for Barry. He would respect it more I think. Rene seems to be using this for PR. Glad it wasn't Dave. He is such a tool. I see him selling at all the local flea markets out here. Huge ego and has a lot of attitude (bad). An amazing find. I have a friend that knows Rene. I am going to ask him if he knows any more details on this find.

By the way, I love the video of them pulling the books out of the drawers. They obviously have no idea of what they are looking at. Amazing the way the original owner stored them with no rhyme or reason. Seeing a find like this in it's "original habitat" is a rare treat. Can you only imagine what Edgar Church's "closet" looked and smelled like?  :cloud9:

Trying to piece this together; perhaps someone with better reading/hearing comprehension knows the answer.

I saw the video of the hoarder's house with comics in the drawer. Is that the same collection shown in the other video laid out on tables in stacks by genre or is that a separate find?

He mentions storage locker but not sure if the two are connected or just happened around the same time.

11 hours ago, shadroch said:

Why would he do that?

A) Sweating in the California heat, clearing out basically 99% junk lockers, or B) setting up at a various Comic-Cons, with some great books, in an air conditioned convention center, turning over nice profits....I would choose B.  (shrug)