• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dark Mysteries #19 vs. #10 | Poll: 12 to 11
3 3

74 posts in this topic

That's a really tricky question. I love 'em both and can't really decide. All I know for sure is that that's one unlucky girl as she appears to be the damsel in distress on both covers.

On 3/12/2018 at 11:20 PM, goldust40 said:

Above average copy for that book. As they used to say on eBay back in the day, vivid!!

Alongside such gems as, CGC it! and 'I am not a professional grader'. Lest we forget the timeless...'I'm selling these on behalf of my dog'...etc  :x

3 hours ago, goldust40 said:

Still see that one quite frequently on the bay, annoyingly...

I don't mind if sellers use several images and include a description of flaws. But when they ask buyers just to look at photos (not even scans) and judge for themselves, without noting any flaws including ones that may not be fully evident, that irritates me. Almost as much as books listed as "very fine" that clearly show multiple large color-breaking creases and pieces missing from the edges. Those are the sellers that should just confess to not knowing how to grade. 

I will admit that overall, I haven't been any more or less satisfied with books that are assigned a grade than I am with ones that haven't when purchasing on ebay. You figure out which sellers you trust, which you don't, and roll the dice with the rest. 

3 hours ago, Grantley Goddard said:

Alongside such gems as, CGC it! and 'I am not a professional grader'. Lest we forget the timeless...'I'm selling these on behalf of my dog'...etc  :x

And who can forget LOOK!, which seemed to show up in about 10% of all listing titles in the early days. 

56 minutes ago, rjpb said:

And who can forget LOOK!, which seemed to show up in about 10% of all listing titles in the early days. 

Yep, L@@K! annoyed the hell out of me, but as you say that practice has died out.

56 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Yep, because without that helping hand, we'd never have known what to do. meh