• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 1000 variants
1 1

444 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MGH said:

The catwoman like pose of supes over his prey (claw marks and all)  with odd looking face,   bunny rabbit teeth and glowing wrist bracelets  just don't work for me personally... 

Now I'm wondering if this was a reused idea from a book that had Catwoman on it. There was a time a few months back I think where it looked like Mattina swiped a few previous works of others and did not credit. Hmmm....

I hate to say this, but I don't like most of the covers and the coloring on some doesn't help. They look very cartoony. I'm not even a fan of Jim Lee's cover. At the price they are selling them at, I am only going to buy one. Hopefully a decisive winner appears. Is there an Alex Ross cover? 

The Tony Daniel Action 1 cover reprint should have been made into an Action 1000 cover, that would have been my go to. 

Edited by Captain Canuck

39 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Now I'm wondering if this was a reused idea from a book that had Catwoman on it. There was a time a few months back I think where it looked like Mattina swiped a few previous works of others and did not credit. Hmmm....

I wouldn't be surprised.  Mattina traces/copies everything.

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, Captain Canuck said:

I hate to say this, but I don't like most of the covers and the coloring on some doesn't help. They look very cartoony. I'm not even a fan of Jim Lee's cover. At the price they are selling them at, I am only going to buy one. Hopefully a decisive winner appears. Is there an Alex Ross cover? 

The Tony Daniel Action 1 cover reprint should have been made into an Action 1000 cover, that would have been my go to. 

Or just have Jim Lee draw it because Tony Daniel basically traced Lee's art:facepalm:.

Am I the only one who sees this?!?!?!?!