• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 1000 variants
1 1

444 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, williamblood said:

whole run must be damaged then. hope cgc doesnt take off for it

Fingers crossed!  

They shouldn't, but you never know.  When I spoke with Rob from Torpedo Comics, he told me their entire shipment/run for that book was like that.  So, I'm hoping it is the case.

42 minutes ago, Praxis52 said:

Fingers crossed!  

They shouldn't, but you never know.  When I spoke with Rob from Torpedo Comics, he told me their entire shipment/run for that book was like that.  So, I'm hoping it is the case.

midtown were too and they both got 750 copies or 1500 total of 2500 print run

7 hours ago, williamblood said:

i hope so, ive been watching ebay book has went from 25 to 80-100. and all the pics show same defect. i have 2 copies but i wont send in till cgc confirms

Mine didn't have any defects and there were others at Midtown they didn't have any either

20180418_162951.jpg

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Dang, How much should I ask for my VF+/NM- copy?  Do you think its going to plateau soon or keep heading up? 

is it nm- cause of defect, if so you will get full price. i think it will go up. new villain will be in new superman series so this is THE book for collectors 

1 hour ago, williamblood said:

is it nm- cause of defect, if so you will get full price. i think it will go up. new villain will be in new superman series so this is THE book for collectors 

All books include this character as first appearance though so that isn't such a big deal.  

I think there will be a few covers  that do all right for collectors. 

1 hour ago, MGH said:

All books include this character as first appearance though so that isn't such a big deal.  

I think there will be a few covers  that do all right for collectors. 

The tour edition distinguishes from the rest because it's the only first appearance on the cover.  Is that a big deal?  I have no idea.  But comic nerds make a big deal of "true first appearances"...in baby form, in the shadows, finger showing up in the last panel, etc.

For me personally, being a comic nerd, first appearance on the cover over overshadows the interior...so that's a big deal(thumbsu.

23 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

The tour edition distinguishes from the rest because it's the only first appearance on the cover.  Is that a big deal?  I have no idea.  But comic nerds make a big deal of "true first appearances"...in baby form, in the shadows, finger showing up in the last panel, etc.

For me personally, being a comic nerd, first appearance on the cover over overshadows the interior...so that's a big deal(thumbsu.

It's not a big deal, because it is a villain. But speculators will jump on anything that is deemed a "1st appearance"

7 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

It's not a big deal, because it is a villain. But speculators will jump on anything that is deemed a "1st appearance"

Whhhhaaaaa????  What does it being a villain have to do with anything?  For every great superhero I can name a great villain.  Yin and Yanglol.

***1st appearance of Doomsday was great until the movie f&^%'d it up

9 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Whhhhaaaaa????  What does it being a villain have to do with anything?  For every great superhero I can name a great villain.  Yin and Yanglol.

***1st appearance of Doomsday was great until the movie f&^%'d it up

The book is not even a month old and people are paying stupid prices for it. But that's the current speculator market we are in.....

17 minutes ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

The book is not even a month old and people are paying stupid prices for it. But that's the current speculator market we are in.....

How long it has been out isn't a factor.  People are paying "stupid" prices for it because it is a limited run, 1st appearance, historic 1000th issue, and (insert artist name here) is drawing it.

Plus what it's worth is based on each individual.  What you consider "stupid" is "reasonable" for some.  Go pick up a copy.  It's a pretty good book(thumbsu

***I got mine for $28(?) from Midtown and I thought that was overpriced.  YOLOlol!!!

5 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Is not a first appearance "In the shadows".. Its a full blown first appearance in every book.

Hence why there are  other books also selling well.  From what I recall, I think the book that sold with the highest price in eBay auction so far was the nicola Scott cover  - which I can understand as that's a great cover for an anniversary issue imo..    

Edited by MGH