• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 1000 variants
1 1

444 posts in this topic

I picked an issue with least offensive cover when viewed in person .  Could only get the one.      They really aren't that great. Especially the standard Jim Lee (of which there were heaps in my LCS) 

One thing.  I Can't figure out why it's dated June 2018 on the cover?   Why is this? 

10 hours ago, wikked said:

Does anyone know if the graded copies are going to note the first appearance of Rogal Zaar?

I was thinking about picking up one of the presale 9.8s...but I'll wait if the note isn't there.

Why wouldn't it be noted?(shrug)  This isn't a situation where he's in the shadows or you're only seeing his hand in the last panel...it's a full blown first appearance.

1 hour ago, LaxThanatos said:

Only picked up the Jock virgin monochrome variant from Forbidden Planet/Jetpack Comics, decent price and would look damn good in a slab. Not a fan of any of the other variant releases...

+1.  I purchased a slabbed Jock cover and Jim Lee cover A as a reader copy.

Also, when is someone starting an ASM #800 variant thread because it seems like they've released a bunch of variants in the last few days.  Half kidding.

I have one pulled at my LCS as part of my regular pull list,  but I only go in to pick up books every month or so to see what I have.

I am going to the airport later today  and plan on looking in the shop to see if they have either this or the recent MAD #1 reboot.  I little light reading for the business trip

I just picked up the Middleton cover... only because the store was open at midnight for this release, so I figured I'd get one cover. It'd be silly for me to go out to my comic shop for a sale just to get dollar books and bags & boards, right?

Otherwise, I'm staying away from this comic, at cover price at least.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

For people who got the Jim Lee Tour variant.  Did you see any production defect at the bottom of the comic?

most people dont have them yet, there in the mail. i get a few of mine monday i think. only the people who walked into midtown or torpedo have them in hand

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:20 PM, Wolverinex said:

For people who got the Jim Lee Tour variant.  Did you see any production defect at the bottom of the comic?

Got mine this weekend.  Yeah, there's a production defect at the bottom fringe area.  Looks like a bad (non clean) cut of the paper.  Besides that the book is flawless.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Clarification

On 4/23/2018 at 10:45 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Got mine this weekend.  Yeah, there's a production defect at the bottom fringe area.  Looks like a bad (non clean) cut of the paper.  Besides that the book is flawless.

mine has it too, im holding off on sending it in till i know it wont be taken off for grading

5 hours ago, Praxis52 said:

I got a few copies and other than the little issue, everything looks minty fresh.

992500AB-78C8-47BF-815B-E6868A1ADF4F.jpeg

did you buy them from midtown, im hearing midtown sent them out like this knowing they were damages, not sure if torpedo lot was also damaged

15 minutes ago, williamblood said:

did you buy them from midtown, im hearing midtown sent them out like this knowing they were damages, not sure if torpedo lot was also damaged

These were from Torpedo Comics