• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics 1000 variants
1 1

444 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

@Wolverinex

@williamblood

@AnthonyTheAbyss

These are up on Midtowns site.....$25 and one per rule.....

I'm holding off personally

https://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Action+Comics+Vol+2+%231000_1740315

i bought 2, (different accts) its first appearance of new superman villain and this is only cover with him on it. its a no brainer pick up. this is next TT12

12 minutes ago, williamblood said:

i bought 2, (different accts) its first appearance of new superman villain and this is only cover with him on it. its a no brainer pick up. this is next TT12

How can you make a comparison to TT12 at this point?  I feel like Metal had enough of a build up and there was enough of a tease of the BWL, that one could have made that speculation and enough people would nod along in agreement.  I haven't really heard much about AC1000 to make any sort of assessment on any new characters.

19 minutes ago, Dwitkin82 said:

@Max Carnage

@Foley

Really?

Other then the other grading requirement, I liked it...these covers have been so hit or miss...

Yeah, doesn't do it for me at all. Supes' mouth is weird, face is flat, and there's too much brightness going on. The fire, the sun rays, the laser beams etc. 

I'm far from an art aficionado, just my personal preference. To each their own, I'm sure there's stuff I would love and you'd hate too :foryou:

3 minutes ago, Foley said:

Yeah, doesn't do it for me at all. Supes' mouth is weird, face is flat, and there's too much brightness going on. The fire, the sun rays, the laser beams etc. 

I'm far from an art aficionado, just my personal preference. To each their own, I'm sure there's stuff I would love and you'd hate too :foryou:

That face is almost vampiric.

I still like the Andrews and Jock covers the best with the Jim Lee tour close behind. This is probably one I'll wait and pick up off the bay after all the reprints and convention editions are out.

Edited by TYPE-R