• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Zeck cover recreations contact info help?

12 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MarvelComicsArt said:

Does anyone know how to contact Mike Zeck to do a possible cover recreation ? 

any help appreciated ?

thank you

He has a website, but he also stated that he won't have time to do commissions.

Malvin

15 minutes ago, MarvelComicsArt said:

thank you very much for the advice, its a bummer that he is no longer doing commissions 

IIRC Mike hasn't done cover recreations (aka slight to modest reinterpretations) since around 2000 or 2001. You're either super late or never really had the chance to begin with....either way ancient history and I wouldn't be bummed about it, not at this point!

Agree with what everyone has said - since Mike has been back out on the convention circuit, he hasn't had time to do any type of commissions in his "spare" time.  He does do head sketches at conventions on paper or sketch covers, but that's the most he typically does these days.  

If you want to get a full recreation, you may consider reaching out to some of his long-time inking partners like Bob McLeod or John Beatty to see if they could do something for you.  Bob does recreations more regularly than John does.  Unfortunately, Phil Zimelman stopped working a long time ago so you won't be able to get one of his paintings recreated by him.

Lastly, the recreations that Mike did in the early 2000's do come up for sale every now and then - you may look to just buy one of those.  But, as of late, those have been selling in the $5k+ range.  If you need info. on which recreations Mike already did, send me a PM and I can tell you what may exist.  

1 hour ago, Sideshow Bob said:

Picked up the Batman #420 cover recreation in the last Heritage auction. Looks phenomenal. Says on the back "6th cover recreation" and "Apr '00". 

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryPiece.asp?Piece=1494431&GSub=0&GCat=92556&UCat=92556

Congrats!  I thought it was good value.  If I didn't have too much on the go (as I often do) I might have ran you up a bit.  I'm glad I didn't since you were the one that won it!

And I really like Mike's notes on his recreations, some sketches and some published pages he has worked on, really helps with understanding what you are buying.

Malvin

Edited by malvin

Anyone looking to get art from Mike I think it’s now or never . Commissions are not happening as stated above . His convention headshots sell very quick on his site and at shows . I think he’s finally settling in to a scaled back Convention schedule meaning hardly any . He went hard for years and it’s time for him to enjoy and from what I’ve read and been told by his close friend , drawing and sketching and convention merchandise is all going to disappear . It’s a lot of work to lug it around from place to place I think he’s going to taper it all off.

comgrats to all owners of those amazing cover recreations 

19 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Anyone looking to get art from Mike I think it’s now or never . Commissions are not happening as stated above . His convention headshots sell very quick on his site and at shows . I think he’s finally settling in to a scaled back Convention schedule meaning hardly any . He went hard for years and it’s time for him to enjoy and from what I’ve read and been told by his close friend , drawing and sketching and convention merchandise is all going to disappear . It’s a lot of work to lug it around from place to place I think he’s going to taper it all off.

comgrats to all owners of those amazing cover recreations 

True, Mike turned 70 last year - time for him to actually enjoy some retirement!  He's earned it.