• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Fires Longtime Manager Max "Mac Anderson" possible Embezzlement and abuse!
5 5

118 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, jcjames said:

Is the d-bag in the fedora working Stan to death Keya Morgan? Apparently he has an affinity for dead celebrities (Michael Jackson, Marylin Monroe, Joe DiMaggio, Abe Lincoln etc.) and owns massive amounts of their personal property which he collects. 

This is a morbid and depressing scene. Everyone in the video looks like they're attending a funeral.  Fans should feel really uncomfortable and awkward.

I think any convention touting a Stan Lee appearance should be aware of how horrible the situation is and not book him.  For the humanity of it all at minimum.  

I think Stan Lee should just do private signings at his leisure and comfort as well as his own pace if he needs the money or wants to leave fans with signed items to remember him by.

The photo ops should really stop, he looks awful.  Who wants a picture like that?  It's almost as bad as taking a photo next to a corpse in a casket or morgue.

If there's odds in a Celebrity Death Pool, the way Stan is pacing he's more than likely going to pass away in 2018, so hopefully everyone around him makes sure he beats the odds and takes care of himself aside from those movie cameos he used to love doing (and if he's no longer of sound mind to do them, don't tarnish his charismatic legacy with showcasing anything but the showman Stan Lee was/is)

Lets go in a different direction here.  Granted Stan is slowing down, and there’s some crazy stuff happening in his family and support group that is sad and verging on out of control.  But focus on Stan, not the sideshow around him.  He loves meeting fans, and puttin* himself out there for them.  He just lots his wife. His relationship with his daughter has never been great, and is spiraling downward.

so I think he gets his only joy out of the fans and the shows.  Should he sit home or at the office? Allow Stan to live out his life as he sees fit. Ignore the sideshow... when the time comes they will have to live with themselves. Stan’s desire is to keep moving and doing. 

Hollywood Reporter has a long piece out this week about Stan.  He’s being bounced around between all the factions around him. None of them sound particularly heroic. But again, if Stan prefers to spend his last years on the road greeting fans and making them happy, why wish that he spend his time at home in bed resting.  Resting for what? 

Please don’t misread this. I have known Stan for years. This is who he is.  Who are we to judge? At the heart of this all he has is his daughter, his fortune his celebrity and his desire to not disappoint people. His relationship with his daughter has never been great. His fortune has served its purpose, allowed him to live comfortably. And in the end it’s not his problem where it goes. We will all at some point face the fact that we have to let go. 

There are many famous people who are wealthy that just fade away. You don’t hear about them for years until one day they appear on the news and in obituaries. They have lived out their days in seclusion either from dementia, disease or weakness. Stan is doing it his way. He’s been having a ball the last ten years basking in what he (co) created.... as Marvel is bigger than ever. More power to him. 

Edited by Aman619

4 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Lets go in a different direction here.

If all things were equal, I would agree.  But they are not.  Look at some of the signatures he put out at the most recent show (other Topic had some doozies). He is being told over and over in one video as things are passed in front of him  "STAN LEE....STAN LEE.....STAN LEE.....STAN LEE"  like they are re-affirming to him what his name is.    Look at some of the photo op pictures from Bleeding Cool.   $120-$150 is plain robbery by his handlers, and it should be stopped.   

If he wants to sit around and say hi to people for 1/2 a day for free, sure go for it. 

10 hours ago, mattn792 said:

The promoters out there could immediately assist by no longer booking Stan for shows.

While I totally agree with this.  I think we all know this probably isn't going to happen.  Stan Lee is still a big draw and unfortunately, there will be some promoters that only care about selling tickets.    

Edited by DocHoppus182
spelling

8 minutes ago, DocHoppus182 said:

While I totally agree with this.  I think we all know this probably isn't going to happen.  Stan Lee is still a big draw and unfortunately, there will be some promoters that only care about selling tickets.    

Unfortunately, yes.  The only way this will really stop is if fans, in unison, all of a sudden just STOP getting sigs or paying for these type of events.

I "met" Stan Lee through similar ops a couple of times but that was over 10 years ago and I am glad I had a chance to see him that way as opposed to how he is now.  He hosted a panel at FanEx and it was a great fun panel and you can tell he *does* love interacting with the fans.  Now...He just seems a shell of his former self and if he still *wants* to interact with the fans, well, there has to be a more humane way. The handlers (and Stan) may not make as much coin but there *has* to be a better, kinder way.

...The guy in the fedora in the video does seem like he would be a total d-bag.

8 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Lets go in a different direction here.  Granted Stan is slowing down, and there’s some crazy stuff happening in his family and support group that is sad and verging on out of control.  But focus on Stan, not the sideshow around him.  He loves meeting fans, and puttin* himself out there for them.  

I get what you're saying, but at the same time how much joy can it really bring a person when they aren't even interacting with the fans (probably under strict orders from the vulture posse)?  Sit there for two hours and sign "Stan Lee" over and over.  Don't look up, don't talk, don't shake hands, nuthin'.  Now shuffle off to the camera, and sit there for two hours while people are herded through for a four second photo op.  Again, no looking, no talking, no hand shaking.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

Maybe that still does bring him joy, I don't know the man so who am I to say?  But I do wonder how much he's simply being led around by people who are in his ear constantly re-assuring him that he's making people happy without having to (or worse, being able to) put any of his own thought into the situation. Because full capacity Stan could easily tell the hangers on to go F themselves and he'd conduct himself at appearances however he wanted.  Shake hands, kiss babies, all the fanfare.  After all, HE is Stan Lee, not Keya Morgan or any of the other vultures. 

Edited by mattn792
spelling

I hear you, and the handlers do have their own agenda and clock is running out on them.  But as to telling people off? This is Stan... he rarely told people to F themselves, always trusting and trying to please... maybe a shrink would suggest it's to balance out his younger more aggressively selfish years?  One aspect of all this is the double edge sword of both living well into ones 90s, AND having one person, his wife and partner, with him to handle all these areas that Stan has never been good at. Her absence has hit him at his most vulnerable period of his life. Stan may be mad at his daughter for this and that episode of childish ranting etc, but Id never see Stan cutting her off. He'd prefer that she benefit from his efforts even if she was ungrateful all her life. She is STILL his only kin.  And there are always good times and bad times in families.  So it is what it is

and the prospect of a kids inheritance drives people to do awful stuff. At least Stan doesn't have warring siblings to deal with!

10 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Lets go in a different direction here.  Granted Stan is slowing down, and there’s some crazy stuff happening in his family and support group that is sad and verging on out of control.  But focus on Stan, not the sideshow around him.  He loves meeting fans, and puttin* himself out there for them.  He just lots his wife. His relationship with his daughter has never been great, and is spiraling downward.

so I think he gets his only joy out of the fans and the shows.  Should he sit home or at the office? Allow Stan to live out his life as he sees fit. Ignore the sideshow... when the time comes they will have to live with themselves. Stan’s desire is to keep moving and doing. 

Hollywood Reporter has a long piece out this week about Stan.  He’s being bounced around between all the factions around him. None of them sound particularly heroic. But again, if Stan prefers to spend his last years on the road greeting fans and making them happy, why wish that he spend his time at home in bed resting.  Resting for what? 

Please don’t misread this. I have known Stan for years. This is who he is.  Who are we to judge? At the heart of this all he has is his daughter, his fortune his celebrity and his desire to not disappoint people. His relationship with his daughter has never been great. His fortune has served its purpose, allowed him to live comfortably. And in the end it’s not his problem where it goes. We will all at some point face the fact that we have to let go. 

There are many famous people who are wealthy that just fade away. You don’t hear about them for years until one day they appear on the news and in obituaries. They have lived out their days in seclusion either from dementia, disease or weakness. Stan is doing it his way. He’s been having a ball the last ten years basking in what he (co) created.... as Marvel is bigger than ever. More power to him. 

You make some really good points here, Aman.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/features/stan-lee-needs-a-hero-elder-abuse-claims-a-battle-aging-marvel-creator-1101229

Here is another good article about the recent Stan Lee events and the people closest to him. My personal opinion is that none of these people are looking after his best interests. I feel that they all are trying to get a “piece of the pie” while they still can and are using the media to create bad PR in order to win a game of King of the Hill.

14 hours ago, Aman619 said:

After meeting Stan several times and attending his panels, I remember him saying that he enjoys answering fan’s questions and that panels were his favorite part of comic cons.

What went on at SVCC was not that. It was an obvious cash-in of assembly line autographs where he can’t remember how to spell his name and photoshoots to the point of exhaustion where he needed to take naps between guests. Whether Stan wants to admit it, he is not in any condition to be attending comic cons to the level in which he used to. 

Private signings or small capacity events may still be an option for him, but what happened at SVCC was elderly abuse in my mind and should no longer occur.

Edited by seredynskib

1 hour ago, seredynskib said:

Private signings or small capacity events may still be an option for him, but what happened at SVCC was elderly abuse in my mind and should no longer occur.

Agreed.   Maybe this board can lead the charge.   Wonder if Todd McFarlane, Kevin Smith or Neal Adams have seen the Bleeding Cool footage/Photo Op results from the Silicon Valley Con?  

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Stan released a statement today:  https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-a-new-video-stan-lee-threatens-to-sue-anyone-report-1825212978

Sounds like it was coached by a certain party and is suspiciously lacking in any type of details.

Where is your proof? Unless you have proof don't take a side because you don't know the intentions of those making the accusations. What you do know the media is just looking for a story anywhere they can get one no matter who they hurt. 

So Stan is asking you to back off he doesn't know and can't understand why these vicious reports are coming out against his daughter and friends.

Maybe disgruntled former employees who want a piece of his pie still.

22 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Where is your proof? Unless you have proof don't take a side because you don't know the intentions of those making the accusations. What you do know the media is just looking for a story anywhere they can get one no matter who they hurt. 

So Stan is asking you to back off he doesn't know and can't understand why these vicious reports are coming out against his daughter and friends.

Maybe disgruntled former employees who want a piece of his pie still.

“Hithis is Stan Lee and I’m calling on behalf of myself and my friend Keya Morgan.   (Only Keya, interesting.)

Now, you people (What people?) have been publishing the most hateful, harmful material about me (Stan is universally portrayed as the victim in this) and about my friend Keya (only Keya by name yet again) and some others (like who?).

Material which is totally incorrect, totally based on slander, (in reality there are numerous videos and posted eye witness accounts from fans at SVCC) totally the type of thing that I’m going to sue your [a] off when I get a chance.  (Stan is by most accounts a people pleaser, yet now he's going to "sue your [a] off"?  And fwiw, Keya Morgan has apparently been known to be quick on the trigger with threats of litigation.)

You have been accusing me (I don't recall anyone accusing Stan) and my friends (again, which?) of doing things that are so unrealistic and unbelievable that I don’t know what to say. (someone is out there actually selling comics signed in Stan Lee blood, many of us don't know what to say either)

It’s as though you suddenly have a personal vendetta against me (the outcry from fans has been "please stop hauling Stan around like an ATM") and against the people I work with. (I'm sure internal and external vendettas abound between people you work with, so there's certainly truth to that)

Well I want you to know I’m going to spend every penny I have to put a stop to this and to make you sorry that you’ve suddenly gone on a one man campaign against somebody (against who?) with no proof, no evidence, no anything (again, people's eyes see what they see) but you’ve decided that people were mistreating me (you're at a con falling asleep constantly and forgetting how to sign your own name, people are reasonably going to wonder if you're there willingly) and therefore you are going to publish those articles.  (well yeah, it is the media and they sourced the SVCC reports very well)

I’m going to get the best and most expensive lawyers I can and I want you to know if you don’t stop these articles and publish retractions, I am going to sue your [a] off.”  (again with the out of character [a] suing off)

Edited by mattn792
[a]'s

18 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

“Hithis is Stan Lee and I’m calling on behalf of myself and my friend Keya Morgan.   (Only Keya, interesting.)

Now, you people (What people?) have been publishing the most hateful, harmful material about me (Stan is universally portrayed as the victim in this) and about my friend Keya (only Keya by name yet again) and some others (like who?).

Material which is totally incorrect, totally based on slander, (in reality there are numerous videos and posted eye witness accounts from fans at SVCC) totally the type of thing that I’m going to sue your [a] off when I get a chance.  (Stan is by most accounts a people pleaser, yet now he's going to "sue your [a] off"?  And fwiw, Keya Morgan has apparently been known to be quick on the trigger with threats of litigation.)

You have been accusing me (I don't recall anyone accusing Stan) and my friends (again, which?) of doing things that are so unrealistic and unbelievable that I don’t know what to say. (someone is out there actually selling comics signed in Stan Lee blood, many of us don't know what to say either)

It’s as though you suddenly have a personal vendetta against me (the outcry from fans has been "please stop hauling Stan around like an ATM") and against the people I work with. (I'm sure internal and external vendettas abound between people you work with, so there's certainly truth to that)

Well I want you to know I’m going to spend every penny I have to put a stop to this and to make you sorry that you’ve suddenly gone on a one man campaign against somebody (against who?) with no proof, no evidence, no anything (again, people's eyes see what they see) but you’ve decided that people were mistreating me (you're at a con falling asleep constantly and forgetting how to sign your own name, people are reasonably going to wonder if you're there willingly) and therefore you are going to publish those articles.  (well yeah, it is the media and they sourced the SVCC reports very well)

I’m going to get the best and most expensive lawyers I can and I want you to know if you don’t stop these articles and publish retractions, I am going to sue your [a] off.”  (again with the out of character [a] suing off)

Yeah and Im told from people he worked behind the scenes with when he is mad he actually talks like this

40 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

Yeah and Im told from people he worked behind the scenes with when he is mad he actually talks like this

Are you currently affiliated with Stan's 'Camp' or are you secretly Keya?   You seem to defend the current situation on a few posts.  Just trying to understand where you are coming from.  

Edited by Mercury Man

45 minutes ago, reddwarf666222 said:

I don't blame him, many of that generation do not want to stop being useful. When the subject comes up, they are very defensive.

It is a conspiracy now, and no matter the wishes of Stan Lee, people are going to wish him at home relaxing, to which translates to Stan's ears sounds like him being: used up, no good, and a house which is a cage.

I have no problem with Stan doing what he wants, even if he has to have people to "help" him do what he would like.

Do I think that he should just take it easy? yes! and I wouldn't have anything else signed. BUT in his defense, that generation would look at you and say Who the H777 do you think you are!?!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

What's odd and sad is that it'll probably have to go to court just for Stan to prove he wants to get out of the house...still probably not a good idea, but I can respect his decision.

Adulting is hard and sometimes it sucks no matter how you look at it