• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EMERALD CITY COMIC CON, March 14-17, 2019, Seattle WA.
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Today is the day the tickets are up to be brought. It is now 148 days left to go. I got my 4 days pass confirmed online. Within 15 mins, I think ... all sold out? Who else got it? 

Gonna be a good weekend for me to go there.

5 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Today is the day the tickets are up to be brought. It is now 148 days left to go. I got my 4 days pass confirmed online. Within 15 mins, I think ... all sold out? Who else got it? 

Gonna be a good weekend for me to go there.

I got my 4 day passes. Looking forward to the show.

Thought I might want to mention that a friend is now considering in selling his ECCC day badges, as he told me he need to save up money for his personal financial situation. It’s not yet officially decided as ECCC hasn’t mailed out the badges to him or to me. I believe it is supposedly be this month that ECCC will begin sent out the badges. 

3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

Thought I might want to mention that a friend is now considering in selling his ECCC day badges, as he told me he need to save up money for his personal financial situation. It’s not yet officially decided as ECCC hasn’t mailed out the badges to him or to me. I believe it is supposedly be this month that ECCC will begin sent out the badges. 

Just based on my personal experience that would be very early of them. 

On 1/5/2019 at 7:03 PM, Yoshi said:

Just based on my personal experience that would be very early of them. 

You’re right, I confirmed when I picked up my parcels yesterday ... no badges. Thought I saw on my account online when they listed parcel arrivals by date and numbers. One showed what looked like a lettermail , so I thought might be... but it wasn’t. Just another great comic book.

Last year I remembered got my badges real close at the end ... I had to go to the customer service in ECCC with a copy of receipt and record of my CC showing I had purchased them. O.o They had them in a folder in hold for me, never mailed out to me!

This year,  they better do the mailing before I go there. 

On 1/7/2019 at 6:10 AM, Fan Boy said:

Last year I remembered got my badges real close at the end ... I had to go to the customer service in ECCC with a copy of receipt and record of my CC showing I had purchased them. O.o They had them in a folder in hold for me, never mailed out to me!

This year,  they better do the mailing before I go there. 

Oh, that's . Really?

My time at ECCC is cut really short this year due to a Transformers convention happening in LA the same weekend. I'm taking the train down from Bellingham to Seattle on Thursday morning and flying out to LA Friday night. If something happens where I have to wait in line to pick up my passes because they couldn't mail them out is going to affect things pretty negatively for me. Though, now that I think about it, tThursday's aren't really that busy. I guess it won't eat up to much time if that's the case. But It would be a first for me.

8 hours ago, Yoshi said:

Oh, that's . Really?

My time at ECCC is cut really short this year due to a Transformers convention happening in LA the same weekend. I'm taking the train down from Bellingham to Seattle on Thursday morning and flying out to LA Friday night. If something happens where I have to wait in line to pick up my passes because they couldn't mail them out is going to affect things pretty negatively for me. Though, now that I think about it, tThursday's aren't really that busy. I guess it won't eat up to much time if that's the case. But It would be a first for me.

I see... hope your plans go well this year.  :wishluck:

On 1/21/2019 at 12:11 PM, ZachC said:

Is CGC going to be there

Emerald City has not announced them yet. They haven't announced anyone on their main show floor yet. I can tell you that CGC has been there the last two or three years. I have used their services at the only. In the past, you could have them mail your books out to be graded and shipped back to you or you can have them graded at the show. They have been known to not complete their grading and cases at the show and not offering refunds for missing the target.

7 hours ago, Yoshi said:

They just posted that CGC is attending. BOOTH: 6-100 I believe.

Great to know. I was informed from CGC rep in email that CGC will be there some time ago. I had some books already picked ready to take with me on my trip. I see some good artist names on list, so I will get some books signed. 

Motel reservation is done, waiting to pick up my ticket pass in mail... :busy:

On 1/23/2019 at 10:59 PM, Yoshi said:

They just posted that CGC is attending. BOOTH: 6-100 I believe.

Also I believe CGC has multiple booths here at ECCC. Their main booth is on the 4th floor in the main convention hall, but I believe they have a smaller booth in the other hall also on the 4th floor. Also with regards to guests, don't forget to check not only the "guest" list, but also the artist alley list and the exhibitor list because some guests apparently are listed under the exhibitors section. Time flies each year, 2019 is my 15th year exhibiting there, such a great show, hopefully we get nice weather. Remember they have moved the celebrity area down to the Hyatt Regency hotel, lots of people seem upset about it as it used to be at the convention center and then moved to the Sheraton Hotel across the street but now all of that for those wondering have been moved down the street to the Hyatt.

6 hours ago, Jugger Grimrod said:

Also I believe CGC has multiple booths here at ECCC. Their main booth is on the 4th floor in the main convention hall, but I believe they have a smaller booth in the other hall also on the 4th floor. Also with regards to guests, don't forget to check not only the "guest" list, but also the artist alley list and the exhibitor list because some guests apparently are listed under the exhibitors section. Time flies each year, 2019 is my 15th year exhibiting there, such a great show, hopefully we get nice weather. Remember they have moved the celebrity area down to the Hyatt Regency hotel, lots of people seem upset about it as it used to be at the convention center and then moved to the Sheraton Hotel across the street but now all of that for those wondering have been moved down the street to the Hyatt.

Yeah, I was there last year in trying get a signature from a celebrity guest, but missed out in timing. I know where the Hyatt is. 

Found out that the parking lots in downtown Seattle is ridiculous pricey if I leave my vehicle all day for 3 days. Seems that if I take a bus ride, it’s actually much cheaper. Think I will do that since my motel reservation is close by ECCC, a easy transit ride in commute. More food money saved in budget. The motel has a common kitchen where I can cook my own meals.