• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EMERALD CITY COMIC CON, March 14-17, 2019, Seattle WA.
1 1

71 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Shaolingoat said:

My son and I will be there Thursday through Saturday.  If it's anything like last year's showing, you won't regret it!

Will be my first time there. What are some of the highlights?

4 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:

Artist alley has been a highlight lately.  So many great artists.  Got a sketch from Jae Lee last year and going to try and get one from Alex Maleev this year.

Yep, coming there mainly for artist alley. Got a bunch of commission lined up for pickup but also trying to a couple others. Will be stopping by Maleev's booth as well

The panel section is unreadable on the website, i'll have to check that once I get the program in hand.

Comic selection any good on the floor?

8 minutes ago, Avi said:

Yep, coming there mainly for artist alley. Got a bunch of commission lined up for pickup but also trying to a couple others. Will be stopping by Maleev's booth as well

The panel section is unreadable on the website, i'll have to check that once I get the program in hand.

Comic selection any good on the floor?

Average? For me, the prices have gotten too high at conventions. So I mostly browse and usually pick up a few exclusives but that's about it.

3 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:

Average? For me, the prices have gotten too high at conventions. So I mostly browse and usually pick up a few exclusives but that's about it.

Hoping to find some different vendors than the ones that run the CA circuit, looking for new boxes to search through =)

5 hours ago, HighRadArt said:

Lowells at Pike Place for breakfast.  Looking forward to the Dungeness crab omelet. :cloud9:

Always try to hit Lowells and Uli's next door.  Best bratwurst outside of Munich.  As for the con itself, I was impressed by the GA/SA selection last year--particularly from some of the more local dealers.

This year is my 15th year as an exhibitor as the show is practically in my back yard. As HighRadArt mentioned yes this year they are going to inspect bags and make everyone go through metal detectors so plan accordingly as it could take longer to get into the show as usual. Also "Will Call" is off-site, not at the Convention Center and the main panel room has been moved off-site as well. Safe travels to those coming here for the show, weather-wise we are "supposed" to have partly sunny days with temps in the 40's during the day and in the 30's at night but that could change as it often does.

By inspecting all bags thru enter, they better not touch my comics that I am sending to CGC. I’m concerned about that. Think I will inform upfront to them about my books and hammer in common sense their minds to be careful. :makepoint:

Beside, I am getting ready with my things gathering together for the trip ... see you broadies at the con.

On 3/8/2019 at 6:36 AM, Fan Boy said:

By inspecting all bags thru enter, they better not touch my comics that I am sending to CGC. I’m concerned about that. Think I will inform upfront to them about my books and hammer in common sense their minds to be careful. :makepoint:

If your car gets inspected at USA border and you have prepared a CGC invoice, please make sure the return to address is in Canada or a USA border town that way the inspectors know your comics are being returned to you after slabbing, and not being consigned for an auction right away on the Eastcoast USA. I am not sure if ComicLink has a booth at ECCC but I think they used to. Never saw Metro/Comic Connect at ECCC. 

On 3/8/2019 at 6:36 AM, Fan Boy said:

:makepoint:

Beside, I am getting ready with my things gathering together for the trip ... see you broadies at the con.

There is a Diamond Comics retailers's breakfast Thursday morning 8 a.m. at ECCC. I will be at the con for Thursday only. Have a safe drive.