• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EMERALD CITY COMIC CON, March 14-17, 2019, Seattle WA.
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Didn't make it to the Con but my son and girlfriend did yesterday...my son got to engage with a DND podcast/voice actors panel that he really likes and got to ask a question and interact he thought that was pretty cool...the play at the ACT Theatre is adjacent to the Con so we were there 8-11pm last night and at around 7:30 when we pulled into the parking garage the surrounding area was just insane with people/cos-playas...lot of people here for sure...

I'm surprised by the stunted comments and coverage here from the board...a non-judgemental comment just an observation.  According to my son's girlfriend (a real fact-checker/knower) this is the 3rd largest Comic-con universally.  SD being first I forget who's second.  And as I previously commented just a MEGA-EVENT in the city...truly an event that literally envelopes the heart of downtown Seattle...pretty cool.  As for this thread a ho-hum.  Interesting...  Out.

7 hours ago, trmoore54 said:

I'm surprised by the stunted comments and coverage here from the board...a non-judgemental comment just an observation.  According to my son's girlfriend (a real fact-checker/knower) this is the 3rd largest Comic-con universally.  SD being first I forget who's second.  And as I previously commented just a MEGA-EVENT in the city...truly an event that literally envelopes the heart of downtown Seattle...pretty cool.  As for this thread a ho-hum.  Interesting...  Out.

Show threads, like the rest of the boards, have gotten a lot less participation since the software change. Big shows usually got 100+ posts and 10,000 views, but that’s rare lately. 

8 hours ago, trmoore54 said:

Well,if you really want to know how ECCC show is like during the weekend. I was there the whole time and I can tell you it was great. To put in periscope, a lot of things had went through. 

The parking garage at WSCC (home of ECCC) was full totally by about 12 noon or earlier for the weekend. One had to be early to snag a space to park. The streets are crowded around ECCC, police had to close one or two streets off from traffic.

The manager of WSCC had to be on floor all days trying to get people moving in flow, I watched him argued with one of officials about managing the lineup to main entrance. I should know because I was standing nearby to them. I think Sunday was the day with less people in the afternoon, but as I left for home ... I felt like it is still crowded!

Lots and lots people were digging into the $1.00 comics bins on floor or on table. One booth, where I saw on the first day, had the full boxes on floor and on table. I managed to pick many good ones there. At end of show on Sunday, the same booth is under half gone of these $1.00 boxes, even the $2.00-5.00 boxes were down to half. The vendor had priced them reasonably good. Many other booths were having good sales. I was at #2823 of the two CGC members’ booth. I saw some books I would had wanted to buy but someone took them already. Many nice GA books on wall. I think this year had yield quite a good selection of GA and SA comics for collectors to find.

Funko main booth was crazy with people lined a long line around it to a wall further down. One friend of mine was in there as he won a lottery to secure his position in selecting limited edition Funko pop stuff. This line is for lottery winners only. After that it’s open to anyone if lucky to score one of the limited editions. 

George Takei on stage was great with his speech and Q&A with the audience full. Many panels were nearly full of many topics. Cosplayers were impressive with many of their creative ideas on costumes. I saw the whole family go as the Jetsons, even their robot maid! lol

St. Patrick Day parade took place on Sunday outside ECCC, which I saw many fans wear green, including me. Later, a friend texted me recently that it seems ECCC had broken some records? Higher number of attendance? ... that I’m curious to find out.

trmoose54, if you aren’t there ... well, you should. You wanted more reports? Here it is. I will be back for ECCC 2020, for sure. 

On 3/19/2019 at 4:22 PM, austinhg said:

Did anyone use the virtual line that CGC had set up at ECCC?

If so, was it pretty useful for Signature Series / how did the process work?

It was an abject disaster at C2E2.  45-1 hour to get signed up then 3 plus hour waits in the virtual lines.  It was just awful.  I’m not sure how that even works with witnesses cause certain artists sign during limited times.  

10 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

It was an abject disaster at C2E2.  45-1 hour to get signed up then 3 plus hour waits in the virtual lines.  It was just awful.  I’m not sure how that even works with witnesses cause certain artists sign during limited times.  

I can’t answer that question where a Witness is required for an artist to sign on the book ... since I only went for sketches. But I can tell you that the lineup to drop off my books for submission in grading service was effective and easy when I did the submission form online before. They checked with me on my books and printed form ... all clear and good. Lineup is short and quick on first day. 

CGC booth have their system running great there. (thumbsu

On 3/19/2019 at 2:22 PM, austinhg said:

Did anyone use the virtual line that CGC had set up at ECCC?

If so, was it pretty useful for Signature Series / how did the process work?

Due to conflicting conventions schedules only got to enjoy ECCC for Thursday and Friday. The virtual queue for CGC was vaporware. I signed up to get in line and was told that there was maybe one person ahead of me and I could expect a text in five minutes to come to do my thing. After thirty minutes I went upstairs and stopped at the CGC booth. It was up there that I just walked up with my comic, had the CGC folks witness my signature and then took it downstairs "bagged and sealed" where they took my comic and my money. This was Thursday and the con was not busy and the cgc booth was not busy.