EMERALD CITY COMIC CON, March 14-17, 2019, Seattle WA.
4 4

71 posts in this topic

14,078 posts

Looks like I’ll be headed out for Thursday only. Looking forward to checking this show out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,910 posts

Received an email stating bags will be searched and everyone will have to pass through metal detectors. Main entrance will be in the tunnel where they had will call last year.  Doesn't say what time they will start but hopefully early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
360 posts
On 3/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, mysterio said:

Looks like I’ll be headed out for Thursday only. Looking forward to checking this show out!

My son and I will be there Thursday through Saturday.  If it's anything like last year's showing, you won't regret it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
520 posts
31 minutes ago, Shaolingoat said:

My son and I will be there Thursday through Saturday.  If it's anything like last year's showing, you won't regret it!

Will be my first time there. What are some of the highlights?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,910 posts
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Avi said:

Will be my first time there. What are some of the highlights?

Lowells at Pike Place for breakfast.  Looking forward to the Dungeness crab omelet. :cloud9:

Edited by HighRadArt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,910 posts

Artist alley has been a highlight lately.  So many great artists.  Got a sketch from Jae Lee last year and going to try and get one from Alex Maleev this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
520 posts
4 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:

Artist alley has been a highlight lately.  So many great artists.  Got a sketch from Jae Lee last year and going to try and get one from Alex Maleev this year.

Yep, coming there mainly for artist alley. Got a bunch of commission lined up for pickup but also trying to a couple others. Will be stopping by Maleev's booth as well

The panel section is unreadable on the website, i'll have to check that once I get the program in hand.

Comic selection any good on the floor?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,910 posts
8 minutes ago, Avi said:

Yep, coming there mainly for artist alley. Got a bunch of commission lined up for pickup but also trying to a couple others. Will be stopping by Maleev's booth as well

The panel section is unreadable on the website, i'll have to check that once I get the program in hand.

Comic selection any good on the floor?

Average? For me, the prices have gotten too high at conventions. So I mostly browse and usually pick up a few exclusives but that's about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
520 posts
3 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:

Average? For me, the prices have gotten too high at conventions. So I mostly browse and usually pick up a few exclusives but that's about it.

Hoping to find some different vendors than the ones that run the CA circuit, looking for new boxes to search through =)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 post
Posted (edited)

Will CGC have onsite grading this year at ECCC?

Edited by Wesquan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
360 posts
5 hours ago, HighRadArt said:

Lowells at Pike Place for breakfast.  Looking forward to the Dungeness crab omelet. :cloud9:

Always try to hit Lowells and Uli's next door.  Best bratwurst outside of Munich.  As for the con itself, I was impressed by the GA/SA selection last year--particularly from some of the more local dealers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,910 posts
6 hours ago, Wesquan said:

Will CGC have onsite grading this year at ECCC?

Under the events listing they have C2E2 and Baltimore showing onsite grading but I would call to verify that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314 posts

I'll be flying up with two Boxes of comics.

I'll be setting up with Comic Cellar booth this year.

Just bring request items and helping sell DC collection I own with Jamie Graham.

Terrys Comics Web-site  I'm glad to bring requests.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243 posts

This year is my 15th year as an exhibitor as the show is practically in my back yard. As HighRadArt mentioned yes this year they are going to inspect bags and make everyone go through metal detectors so plan accordingly as it could take longer to get into the show as usual. Also "Will Call" is off-site, not at the Convention Center and the main panel room has been moved off-site as well. Safe travels to those coming here for the show, weather-wise we are "supposed" to have partly sunny days with temps in the 40's during the day and in the 30's at night but that could change as it often does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,311 posts
Posted (edited)

Can't wait for the show!  I'm meeting up with @Shaolingoat and his son and I'll be out there Friday through Sunday.  Maybe we can scrounge up a few boardies for a pre-con breakfast somewhere one of the days.  

Edited by comicquant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,829 posts

By inspecting all bags thru enter, they better not touch my comics that I am sending to CGC. I’m concerned about that. Think I will inform upfront to them about my books and hammer in common sense their minds to be careful. :makepoint:

Beside, I am getting ready with my things gathering together for the trip ... see you broadies at the con.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,943 posts
On 3/8/2019 at 6:36 AM, Fan Boy said:

By inspecting all bags thru enter, they better not touch my comics that I am sending to CGC. I’m concerned about that. Think I will inform upfront to them about my books and hammer in common sense their minds to be careful. :makepoint:

If your car gets inspected at USA border and you have prepared a CGC invoice, please make sure the return to address is in Canada or a USA border town that way the inspectors know your comics are being returned to you after slabbing, and not being consigned for an auction right away on the Eastcoast USA. I am not sure if ComicLink has a booth at ECCC but I think they used to. Never saw Metro/Comic Connect at ECCC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,943 posts
On 3/8/2019 at 6:36 AM, Fan Boy said:

 :makepoint:

Beside, I am getting ready with my things gathering together for the trip ... see you broadies at the con.

There is a Diamond Comics retailers's breakfast Thursday morning 8 a.m. at ECCC. I will be at the con for Thursday only. Have a safe drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 posts

If anyone who is attending and would be willing to pick up a J Scott Campbell book for me, I can return the favor in kind at C2E2, MegCon Orlando or NYCC. Shoot me a message and we can sort it out, thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
4 4