• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don Flowers Glamour last chance as it is being archived

3 posts in this topic

Unsold art in The Flowers estate will in March be sent to archive . As such this is the last time to buy at the estate's prices as opposed to a later higher resale cost. As most of us know there is a lot of comic strip art archived at universities, historical societies and museums and once archived it is off the market.  I have been helping the estate sell its art for about 20 years here is what is up on my CAF - I'll be adding a few more over the next week or so . Once the final arrangements are made the gallery goes down . Flowers was one of the top syndicated good girl artists of his time doing panel cartoons for syndication from the 1930's to late 60's . His tight stylized line is similar to Bruce Timm's and other modern artists - here is the CAF link There is a lot to choose from but they are moving fast

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=110837

flowerscowgirl.JPG

flowersdrunk693.jpg

We are down to the last week or so when they are available  and about 80 originals are still available on my CAF. If you ever wanted a nice example of Don Flowers long running comic strip with lots of good girl art here is your chance the link is above most dailies are $60-90 (Don Jr just released a handful he was intending to keep and they are more expensive ) But lots of examples and themes all with beautiful women as main characters