• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Golden Age "Minor" Keys

66 posts in this topic

On 4/12/2018 at 9:08 AM, Robot Man said:

Being, a motorcycle guy, this is a big favorite too from the war covers. Is it a "key" probably not but I just love it!

comaction76.jpg

Thank you for the inspiration Robot Man! This minor key or even if it's not one, will now have a new home thanks to my win on eBay tonight!

IMG_0493.PNG

On 2018-04-11 at 11:08 AM, Robot Man said:

All 3 are winners!  Am I the only one who prefers Superman #24 over #14?

I also prefer #24 over #14 ?

love the war covers - especially Action 63 (a personal favourite of mine - cover wise)

Adventure 210 is an awesome book - although I thought it was Silver?

On 4/28/2018 at 6:59 PM, Ameri said:

This is pretty cool. Lois as Superwoman in 1951 and wears a blonde wig in the story. 8 years before Action 252.

Action 156 front.jpg

Action 156 page.jpg

One of my favorite covers!  A 3.0 copy like this one disappeared from ebay not too long ago... hm

On 4/28/2018 at 5:34 PM, Chillax23 said:

I also prefer #24 over #14 ?

love the war covers - especially Action 63 (a personal favourite of mine - cover wise)

Adventure 210 is an awesome book - although I thought it was Silver?

I also prefer 24 over 14. I consider Ad 210 Silver since it was the first month of the CCA. 

On 3/2/2018 at 1:23 PM, Chillax23 said:

I collect Superman comics from the Silver Age (Action 242, 252, Adventure 210, 247, 283 and Superboy 68) but am looking to get into some Golden Age books - but would like to start (and by "would like to start" I mean due to budgetary concerns) with what I will call "Minor" keys.  I was hoping for some guidance in terms of a good starting point for "Minor" keys including some classic covers - here are some that come to mind:

• Superman 30 - 1st mr. mxyzptlk
  • Superman 61 - 1st Kryptonite
  • Action 29 - 1st Lois Lane Cover (although I think Maybe Action 27 ....)
  • Action 27 - maybe 1st Lois Cover
  • Action 47 - 1st Luthor cover
  • Action 63 - great WWII cover
  • Superman 24 - classic Flag Cover
  • Superman 14 - classic Flag Cover (although perhaps this is more than a Minor Key price wise)

Just wondering what other experienced Golden Age Superman collectors consider "Minor" keys.

I am convinced that is Lois Lane (brunette, yellow dress) on the front cover of Action 27.