• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

David Mazzucchelli

12 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

Anyone know if David Mazzucchelli is signing anywhere this year?

He hasn't signed in a public setting for many years. 

Sad I’ll never be able to get my Batman Year 1 done.  also have the DareDevil Artist proof book (so non CGC) that I’d love signed by him.  Oh well maybe he will change his mind someday and decide to cash in

2007 NYCC was the last convention he signed for CGC. I think it was also the first convention he signed for CGC. 

Something about it rubbed him the wrong way so he just opted out. I remember talking to him about it as he was set up right next to Bolland and I that year and we had a chance to talk for a while. He was only here about half the convention, very nice guy, had a great time talking artwork with him. 

So there are a very tiny handful of books that were done those first couple days of that convention and there haven't been any more since. 

20 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

Sad I’ll never be able to get my Batman Year 1 done.  also have the DareDevil Artist proof book (so non CGC) that I’d love signed by him.  Oh well maybe he will change his mind someday and decide to cash in

There is an IDW Artist's Edition that came signed by him. It sold out quickly but I am sure if you keep an eye out one will pop up. 

5 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

There is an IDW Artist's Edition that came signed by him. It sold out quickly but I am sure if you keep an eye out one will pop up. 

I believe I have it....https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/david-mazzucchellis-daredevil-born-again-artists-edition/

Never noticed a signature though.  I’ll have to check again

Edited by Drbearsec

16 minutes ago, Drbearsec said:

I believe I have it....https://www.idwpublishing.com/product/david-mazzucchellis-daredevil-born-again-artists-edition/

Never noticed a signature though.  I’ll have to check again

There were two versions....a regular and a signed. 

8 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

There were two versions....a regular and a signed. 

Ah ok.  I’ll see if the signed ever comes up.  Wanted this puppy last year when I got Miller’s auto but unfortunately didn’t find it until after