Tec 27, Let's play the what will it sell for guessing game?!
1 1

8 posts in this topic

385 posts

So there is an incomplete Tec 27, CGC NG in the current Comicconnect auction. With soo much emphasis on the 6.0, the 5.0 with Hake's Americana and the Action 1 5.0, this bad boy has seemed to go unnoticed. It's coverless, missing the centerfold and page 13. Also the first 3 wraps are detached and it has the ever undesirable brittle page quality. However, on the unique side, it is signed by Jerry Robinson and from his collection. So with all that being said, what do you all thing this bad boy will sell for?

I'd put my money on approximately $40K.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=757384

Edited by LDarkseid1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178 posts

Yes. Indeed this as flown under the radar. Well with a Missing all the same pages plus the Most important 3 pages going for 22k last september amd Then Chicago Boy winning a slightly brittle and Heavily Trimmed  to the margin spiral bound copy at 45k in November...

 

Also a single Action 1  page sold for 16k  in novemebe.... So the 3 Batman pages would be easily worth 16k a piece... Theres only 3 Batman pages (Detective 27)for 7 superman pages(action 1)

 

 

Also being the Jerry Robinson Copy!! 

 

I also factor in the the 6.0 will break a new  record bringing up the prices of all Tec 27. So the previous coverless copies have gone up in Value like Chicago Boy’s etc.

 

Ill say 65k +++  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178 posts
Just now, zen514 said:

Yes. Indeed this as flown under the radar. Well with a Missing all the same pages plus the Most important 3 pages going for 22k last september amd Then Chicago Boy winning a slightly brittle and Heavily Trimmed  to the margin spiral bound copy at 45k in November...

 

Also a single Action 1  page sold for 16k  in novemebe.... So the 3 Batman pages would be easily worth 16k a piece... Theres only 3 Batman pages (Detective 27)for 7 superman pages(action 1)

 

 

Also being the Jerry Robinson Copy!! 

 

I also factor in the the 6.0 will break a new  record bringing up the prices of all Tec 27. So the previous coverless copies have gone up in Value like Chicago Boy’s etc.

 

Ill say 65k +++  

 

 

I can see just the first and the 2 other   Batman Pages Selling for 20k... or more... I hope the winner does not sell this page by page. since this is the Jerry Robinson copy.

Every other page could sell 800-1200. Or more... Pent up demand for Tec Cgc Pages

Even though there has been no TEC 27 pages  graded by cgc and sold to the public.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
385 posts
2 hours ago, zen514 said:

Yes. Indeed this as flown under the radar. Well with a Missing all the same pages plus the Most important 3 pages going for 22k last september amd Then Chicago Boy winning a slightly brittle and Heavily Trimmed  to the margin spiral bound copy at 45k in November...

 

Also a single Action 1  page sold for 16k  in novemebe.... So the 3 Batman pages would be easily worth 16k a piece... Theres only 3 Batman pages (Detective 27)for 7 superman pages(action 1)

 

 

Also being the Jerry Robinson Copy!! 

 

I also factor in the the 6.0 will break a new  record bringing up the prices of all Tec 27. So the previous coverless copies have gone up in Value like Chicago Boy’s etc.

 

Ill say 65k +++  

 

Wow, you think that much huh. Well, should be interesting to see where this finishes!

Edited by LDarkseid1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
683 posts

My old copy! I miss it! 65k is imo very high, I would say probably around 40k like ldarkseid said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,074 posts
36 minutes ago, SushiX said:

My old copy! I miss it! 65k is imo very high, I would say probably around 40k like ldarkseid said.

I too have previously owned this, and it's a cool book.   Much more readable and supple than the brittle pages designation would lead one to believe.   Fragile and requiring careful reading, yes.   Crumbling., no.   Confused by the label, though.   When I owned what was missing was the fourth leaf, not page 13.   Of  course we could be calculating it differently.   But id most definitely had the centerfold, so I'd guess that was removed to complete some CFO copy, the thought perhaps being since it's incomplete even with the CF than whatsadif.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178 posts
32 minutes ago, bluechip said:

I too have previously owned this, and it's a cool book.   Much more readable and supple than the brittle pages designation would lead one to believe.   Fragile and requiring careful reading, yes.   Crumbling., no.   Confused by the label, though.   When I owned what was missing was the fourth leaf, not page 13.   Of  course we could be calculating it differently.   But id most definitely had the centerfold, so I'd guess that was removed to complete some CFO copy, the thought perhaps being since it's incomplete even with the CF than whatsadif.

Doesnt seem brittle. Presents very well!!! Much better than the heritage raw  trimmed one. Also a signed By Jerry Robinson. It was his own personal copy!

 

Perhaps it was only a small part thats brittle.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
178 posts
2 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Wow, you think that much huh. Well, should be interesting to see where this finishes!

Yes. It could be as low as 40k amd higher than 60k!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1